2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Better hands, faster, better route runner, more versatile. 

id say dotson is better than both but Dotson wasn't asked to run a ton of routes.

he's going to see ton of press and physical coverage because it's a weakness of his coming in

Edited by roi34

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

id say dotson is better than both but Dotson wasn't asked to run a ton of routes.

he's going to see ton of press and physical coverage because it's a weakness of his coming in

One thing I like about him is that you can keep him away from press by moving him around inside/out. He needs to get stronger but I think he'll be fine.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One thing I like about him is that you can keep him away from press by moving him around inside/out. He needs to get stronger but I think he'll be fine.

if he was pick id trade down.. i see him as early round 2 pick depending on WR run in draft

Got a feeling there will be a run on WR's right around our pick. If we trade down we better be good with a lot of different receivers. I'd love to trade with Detroit and swap their late 1st and early 2nd for our 1st and 2nd as I feel our 2nd may be too late. Could get two starters at either WR/CB/DT 

Looking forward to seeing our new management structure in action. Trading, contracts and who we target and release.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roi34 said:

if he was pick id trade down.. i see him as early round 2 pick depending on WR run in draft

Say we sign Chark and both Wilson and Williams are gone at 22, I would not be opposed to draft a CB like Booth at 22 and going a WR in the 2nd. 

One player I like that would pose good WR value with our 2nd is George Pickens.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, G said:

Got a feeling there will be a run on WR's right around our pick. If we trade down we better be good with a lot of different receivers. I'd love to trade with Detroit and swap their late 1st and early 2nd for our 1st and 2nd as I feel our 2nd may be too late. Could get two starters at either WR/CB/DT 

Looking forward to seeing our new management structure in action. Trading, contracts and who we target and release.

Same thought here. 

I'd welcome a trade down..

A lot of really solid round 2 talent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's really good. I would love to get him in the 2nd but he won't be there IMO.

He is good.  I would not be opposed to a slight trade up in the 2nd to get him.  

Chark, Pickens, Renfrow, Waller is a formidable WR corp.

Booth, Mullins, Hobbs is a bit raw but the upside potential is there.

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is good.  I would not be opposed to a slight trade up in the 2nd to get him.  

Chark, Pickens, Renfrow, Waller is a formidable WR corp.

Booth, Mullins, Hobbs is a bit raw but the upside potential is there.

I think if we can get an OT, we should prioritize WR/CB/DT this offseason. We need to find good players at those 4 positions in the draft/FA. If we do that, I'll be pretty happy.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think if we can get an OT, we should prioritize WR/CB/DT this offseason. We need to find good players at those 4 positions in the draft/FA. If we do that, I'll be pretty happy.

I agree.  WR and CB have to be addressed and that is why I am all for signing Chark, drafting a CB like Booth in the 1st unless Wilson or Williams is there and then dipping back into the deep WR class in the 2nd with a player like Pickens. 

We can address NT via FA or later in the draft.  A stud 3T will be an issue though and maybe that will have to wait until next year to address.