2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You don't trade one of your best players that you're not financially committed too past this season because of hypothetical deals or cap space a year from now. Why couldn't we pick up his 5th year option and then trade him after the season? 

The Patriots also never traded multiple premium picks or gave WR's mega contracts, they just did it with Adams.

Maybe they really pick up his 5th and then trade him after this season. But i think it will happen.

Just because the patriots never die trade multiple picks for a WR doesn't mean that McDaniels/Ziegler will so everything different.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Joe Mixon was a huge part of the Bengals making the Super Bowl last season. 

Jacobs literally puts up 1,000+ every year and has improved a ton as a receiver out of the backfield. I'd ride him the next two seasons and then replace him.

Lol he didn’t have 1000 yards in a extra game season last year. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think we should trade him, I'd pick up his 5th year option and draft someone next year.

I definitely would not pick up his 5th year option. His 5th year option combined with Carr and Adams cap hit for 2023 would be hard to navigate around FA and positions of need. Plus Jacobs hasn’t even shown enough and stayed healthy enough to warrant a 5th year option. It would just be a bad business move. But I’m all in on keeping Jacobs this year and trying to win it all. 

1 minute ago, Styrian Raider said:

Maybe they really pick up his 5th and then trade him after this season. But i think it will happen.

Just because the patriots never die trade multiple picks for a WR doesn't mean that McDaniels/Ziegler will so everything different.

Just because they're from the Patriots organization doesn't mean that they're going to do everything exactly like Bill. That's the reason basically everyone who has left has failed, lol.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Joe Mixon was a huge part of the Bengals making the Super Bowl last season. 

Jacobs literally puts up 1,000+ every year and has improved a ton as a receiver out of the backfield. I'd ride him the next two seasons and then replace him.

You are overrating Jacobs BIG TIME. He’s not a Top 10 RB and also one of the biggest injury prone guys we have. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I definitely would not pick up his 5th year option. His 5th year option combined with Carr and Adams cap hit for 2023 would be hard to navigate around FA and positions of need. Plus Jacobs hasn’t even shown enough and stayed healthy enough to warrant a 5th year option. It would just be a bad business move. But I’m all in on keeping Jacobs this year and trying to win it all. 

Since Jacobs came into the league only Henry, Cook, Chubb, Zeke, Kamara, Jones, and Ekeler have more yards from scrimmage. So he hasn't shown enough to be the 12th highest paid RB in the league but only 7 have outproduced him, lol, makes sense. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

People in here talk about how Jacobs line has held him back. Sanders is the perfect example of that. Plus the Eagles have really butchered his talents. He's extremely underrated. The fact you wouldn't take Williams over Jacobs is really confusing to me

Sanders and Jacobs came out together, Sanders stay hurt more than Jacobs and in those 3 years Jacobs has 600 more yards almost 20 more td's and more receptions he beats Sanders in every category. We will see about Williams when he is carrying the load as a full time starter.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You are overrating Jacobs BIG TIME. He’s not a Top 10 RB and also one of the biggest injury prone guys we have. 

See my post above, he's 5th in rushing yards, 8th in yards from scrimmage amongst RB's over the last three seasons and 4th in rushing TD's over that span. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Sanders and Jacobs came out together, Sanders stay hurt more than Jacobs and in those 3 years Jacobs has 600 more yards almost 20 more td's and more receptions he beats Sanders in every category. We will see about Williams when he is carrying the load as a full time starter.

I'd definitely take Javonte Williams over Jacobs.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

See my post above, he's 8th in yards from scrimmage amongst RB's over the last three seasons and 4th in rushing TD's over that span. 

Where does he rank in touches in that same timeframe? I feel as if he’s a big volume guy, so getting in on the bottom half of the top 10 of YFS doesn’t mean as much if he’s in the top 5 in touches, y’know?

• Like 1