2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What’s funny about that? Our IOL was legit abysmal and guards are one of the only positions in third and later where you can still find an instant starter.

It's funny because I didn't see it coming.  I thought for sure we'd go OT or DB or just anything else.  I don't know why but it just really threw me off.  When we were at pick 86 we were all talking about Nakobe Dean and Lael and then all of a sudden we pick an OG.  I don't remember anyone listing him as the guy they want.  Just funny.  But I absolutely agree, we really need to address the OL (all except LT).

Edited by Jerry

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think this guy is Richies replacement and starts DAY1 at LG. We will keep Leatherwood at RT, and Parker was paid to be the swing tackle. Our guards sucked, so this pick makes sense. You have to build up the trenches. I would have preferred Sean Rhyan but this guy was projected in the 3rd

I also think he starts at G day one. But he will be our starter at C in 2023. This board overrates Andre James like crazy just because he played okish to end the season. James is not a starter in this league. Quote me at the end of 2022. 

5 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Can't help thinking once he got to around #80 we should have traded up for an impact player like Nakobe Dean.............

i would of too. dean risk but man he's a stud 

oh well

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Miller is good but every other player is sketchy at best.  Hopefully some of them step up but James, Good and Leatherwood were not good last year. 

Good didn't play lol. 

James was serviceable. I'll give him a shot to improve. Unlike Parker or Mr. Leatherwood, he at least got slightly better. 

Not much else we could do about it unless we have 3 more picks going to the OL lol. 

I'm hopeful that we wind up with Miller-Parham-James-Good-Pick/FA for the year. I'm not a believer in Mr. Leatherwood.

• Like 1