2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Have we made any picks at their original position? I love that we’re moving around and creating value. Can’t wait for next year when we have a full cupboard. Really like what we’re doing this off-season. 

I don't believe so. 

Unless one of the picks we've picked up was recouped from a prior exchange

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Right, so don't draft for need, unless it's an immediate need, but immediate need is subjective, but don't reach, unless it's for a year or two down the road, but only if you don't have guys under contract, but make sure they can be a draft and develop type..

When your point has that many qualifiers attached to it as exceptions, your point is flawed. 

Just say you like the pick and move on. Trying to justify it as not a need but still a need but only in this regard or that regard and only when.... Is just weird. 

It's the same argument people made for crap picks like Bowden and Muse. We had other positions to address depth at and guys more likely to make an impact than White at that spot. 

Sometimes, it's better to just blindly like a pick and admit it than trying to use mental gymnastics with more juice than the Russian national team to justify why the pick was made.

It’s not a need in that he won’t be asked to produce year one, as we have 3 vets on the depth chart right now. He won’t impact the team year 1, IMO. But if he develops he can potentially be a big part of our run game in ‘23 in beyond. High upside pick on day 3, I don’t get what’s not to like.