Update: Andrew Luck placed on IR, seeking treatment in Europe

paul-mac

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

was this the hit that caused Luck to need shoulder surgery? 

Gosh, I have no idea. I just picked out a photo that I thought would illustrate Andrew Luck's miseries. Here, he was apparently tackled by three Jets at once. You have to wonder how good he might have been, given a decent O-line. 

11 minutes ago, bzane said:

Gosh, I have no idea. I just picked out a photo that I thought would illustrate Andrew Luck's miseries. Here, he was apparently tackled by three Jets at once. You have to wonder how good he might have been, given a decent O-line. 

You mean there was more than one play where he could've been injured from.

How unlucky he must be.

Hope he returns fully healthy next season though!

Just now, stallyns said:

The initial hit came in Week 3 of 2015 against the Titans. 

It was diagnosed as a shoulder strain and he sat for a few weeks before he returned for a few games before suffering the kidney laceration. After the 2015 season they decided against surgery and just to rest his shoulder. 

Just now, stallyns said:

It was diagnosed as a shoulder strain and he sat for a few weeks before he returned for a few games before suffering the kidney laceration. After the 2015 season they decided against surgery and just to rest his shoulder. 

During 2016 he was still having some issues and they decided on surgery immediately after the 2016 season

46 minutes ago, stallyns said:

During 2016 he was still having some issues and they decided on surgery immediately after the 2016 season

It's easy for us, who aren't on the medical staff, to criticize but... yeesh, this is a 8-month injury turning into a 3 season ordeal.

This injury business is really lingering quite a while. I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I seem to recall during the offseason he was slated to be ready around the time the regular season kicked off. Maybe I'm wrong though. I just hope we haven't seen the last of Andrew Luck on the field. 

Tony Dungy: Jim Irsay told me Andrew Luck's injury 'inside his head now'

"I don't know what's going on there, I really don't," Dungy said during the look-in. "Is he going to play? Jim Irsay made a comment about six weeks ago, 'You know, it's inside his head now.'"

Patrick followed up by asking the former Colts coach: "Wait, it's inside Luck's head?"

"Yeah, he said that I guess when I was up there for Peyton's [Manning's] ceremony," Dungy said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21328927/tony-dungy-jim-irsay-thinks-injury-andrew-luck-head

And this drama takes another twist. Not a good look for Luck if it's in his head, but also not good to call out the franchise signal caller.

Archived