Trade: Acquire CB Josiah Scott, Jags

Kiltman

1 minute ago, pwny said:

He played 22 snaps on defense and 22 special teams snaps for you guys last year, apparently.

How do you not have a full film break down scouting analysis on him? What kind of show are you running over here. Clearly he was in integral part of your team!

He was on the team last year too? You just keep blowing my mind.

Last year was Wentz’s fault…he made life hurt. I’ve tried to wash it all away.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

He played 22 snaps on defense and 22 special teams snaps for you guys last year, apparently.

How do you not have a full film break down scouting analysis on him? What kind of show are you running over here. Clearly he was in integral part of your team!

Dude at some point all of your practice squad level DBs that are coming through after the others get injured just blend into one another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Dude at some point all of your practice squad level DBs that are coming through after the others get injured just blend into one another.

This is accurate. I'm shocked the man was on the field though. Its really weird. Sorry Jags fans I don't know if anybody has much to say in regards to Houston. But this trade is more about the pick for the Jags. From the Eagles perspective, they need to add as much talent they can and Scott seems to have at least some upside considering he was just drafted in the 4th round last year and was considered by PFF to be the 91st best prospect in last year's draft. Personally, I'm not expecting much from this obviously but he could end up having value as competition for the slot CB role. 

Originally when I first saw this on the transactions list I thought instead of Jameson Houston it was James Hudson, the OT draft pick in past year from Cincinnati, yeah it sucks being dyslexic.  Guess Jameson Houston makes sense, either way Eagles got the better player, Scott is a damn good tackler when he was at Michigan State and was pretty tough.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Originally when I first saw this on the transactions list I thought instead of Jameson Houston it was James Hudson, the OT draft pick in past year from Cincinnati, yeah it sucks being dyslexic.  Guess Jameson Houston makes sense, either way Eagles got the better player, Scott is a damn good tackler when he was at Michigan State and was pretty tough.  

Hudson was actually picked this year, but thanks for the little bit of insight into Scott though.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hudson was actually picked this year, but thanks for the little bit of insight into Scott though.

I am aware Hudson was drafted in the 4th round by the Cleveland Browns this year.  That is why it stood out to me in seeing it incorrectly, because such a move did not make much sense.  But yeah I think Scott easily is more talented than this Houston guy but they also did get a 6th rounder in the deal for him because of it.  

Will be curious who that other CB spot is for them, because Maddox I assume is better in the slot than outside, but with Scott maybe they could play Scott in the slot or if McPherson develops quickly he could be outside.  Still Landon Dickerson is an amazing pickup for them and could be a great OG or C for them in the future and DeVonta should help Hurts big time.  Even though honestly I bet DeVonta was disappointed he got drafted by a team with Jalen on it throwing him the ball potentially because seriously he is not a very high level passer.  Will be curious how he does this up coming year, here is a question, who is a better QB prospect coming out of college, Jalen Hurts of Kellen Mond?  As a pure passer I would say Mond, but as a leader and tough guy QB I would say Hurts, he has the 'intangibles'.  But yeah as a pure passer Mond is a better QB and he fell to the 3rd round in draft this year...

• Like 1