2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And never win because he cannot deliver in crunch time.

How many times do I have to point that out?

That is his coup de grace.

What is your thinking?

That our D will shut down one of the better Os in the NFC.

That our O will pile up enough points so that we can hold on to win?

Umm, I’m sure a healthy Baker beat the picksburg stillers in the first playoff win in a whole ton crapload of years by his play. With a whole stellar amount of talent at WR. 

Probably both.

Think they all know that Mayfield isn't the answer.

Pretty sure the FO, including Depo, would talk Jimmy off the ledge unless they are in agreement, or that they know that the pursuit of Watson will be fruitless.

Don't think any of them want to tank for a '23 QB of the future draft pick.

24 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Convoluted nonsense post.

So what if they are not better than Mayfield?

If they are least as good we are no worse off.

Won the first playoff game in forever, you sound like Mike.

Mayfield isn't and never was the answer.

Have some more tequila.

So your saying when he was Breaking Peyton Manning's and Russel Wilson's records (in less games than they did it, without a HOF WR) in 2018 he wasnt the answer AND winning playoff game in 2021 he was not the answer? 

Just asking for Clarification.....you have ALWAYs thought Baker Mayfield was a sham and waste of pick and we should have been moving in a whole different direction these last 4 years? And have Consistently felt that way and Expressed feeling that way?

7 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Umm, I’m sure a healthy Baker beat the picksburg stillers in the first playoff win in a whole ton crapload of years by his play. With a whole stellar amount of talent at WR. 

There you go talking like Mike, again.

Mayfield was not the reason that the Browns won that game.

PIT spotting us 7 with the opening snap and Ben's 4 iNTs were the difference.

27 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

So your saying when he was Breaking Peyton Manning's and Russel Wilson's records (in less games than they did it, without a HOF WR) in 2018 he wasnt the answer

Yes

He also threw 3 INTs in the game in which he set the record and we lost.

28 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

AND winning playoff game in 2021 he was not the answer? 

Yes.

PIT spotting us 7 with the opening snap and Ben's 4 INTs were the difference.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Just asking for Clarification.....you have ALWAYs thought Baker Mayfield was a sham and waste of pick and we should have been moving in a whole different direction these last 4 years? And have Consistently felt that way and Expressed feeling that way?

I think I might have faltered once after the CIN game in which he led a game-winning drive.

And maybe another time or two when he showed promise.

Otherwise, yes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Yes

He also threw 3 INTs in the game in which he set the record and we lost.

No picture of a TD or other pass thrown in that game would have made it on the wall in Foxboro. It was a hollow achievement:

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Not sure how you define talent.

I take comfort in the fact that the FO apparently doesn't think so.

Yeah but I've learned to never trust the FO.

Berry/Depo have been fantastic so far. Giving me actual confidence. This is the first time I have doubted that confidence. They better know what they are doing.

As much as I think Jimmy G would be a great fit in this offense he doesn't pose nearly the upside of Baker. 

There has to be waaaaaay more to this story. Like he must have had a blow up with coaching, the front office over his injury or something because not letting him get 100% and play 1 more year on a rookie contract before a Youn g/Stroud draft seems short sighted.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

And never win because he cannot deliver in crunch time.

How many times do I have to point that out?

That is his coup de grace.

What is your thinking?

That our D will shut down one of the better Os in the NFC.

That our O will pile up enough points so that we can hold on to win?

And how many times was it pointed out that not all of those failures were his in crunch time. Sure some were directly on him but how many others were on dropped balls, penalties or poor play calls?  But hey, stick with your emotions bro and your radio broadcasts instead of actually watching what happened and see it with your own eyes. He 100% could of done better but many times it wasn't on him. But as always, you have your mind made up and that is that, nothing any of us say is going to change it so why should your replies/comment change anyone else's? 

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

There you go talking like Mike, again.

PIT spotting us 7 with the opening snap and Ben's 4 iNTs were the difference.

Mike's gonna need a good lawyer to represent him after what he's gonna do to you when he reads all these.

• Like 5

Guys, let's all take a step back and let cooler heads prevail. Bruce got the wrong idea about Baker in those text-based transcripts of Browns games and Candyman is of course just trolling. Take a breath, everyone.

It's not like someone came in and questioned the Russia-Ukraine narrative. It could be worse.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

And how many times was it pointed out that not all of those failures were his in crunch time. Sure some were directly on him but how many others were on dropped balls, penalties or poor play calls?  But hey, stick with your emotions bro and your radio broadcasts instead of actually watching what happened and see it with your own eyes. He 100% could of done better but many times it wasn't on him. But as always, you have your mind made up and that is that, nothing any of us say is going to change it so why should your replies/comment change anyone else's? 

There are statistics that document his late-game failures.

Just like in the GA bowl game.

No emotions, facts.

• Like 1