2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DPJ just turned 23.  He’s younger than a lot of guys who will get drafted this year.  There’s a lot of upside there.

There is, I just dont want to have to rely on him. He still needs a ton of polish with his routes/hands. He is a major reason the Browns ranked 27th in receiver separation 

1 minute ago, FGK said:

Gonna have to agree to disagree on that. I think his behavior points towards moral problems that are likely similar (other animals/people exist to benefit me). But I put more value on human life than animal, thus why I can eat bacon. Just my spot on the issue, totally understand equating the two.

For wrong, UNFORTUNATELY dog fighting was widely accepted and ingrained in a lot of Southern Culture for quite some time, and consequently, what Vick did was more a byproduct of his upbringing IMO. Again, not justifying it, and I agree with your take on human life, whereas I personally differentiate between that (dog fighting and cruelty) and sexual assault.

And to be blunt, I'd put Watson in prison for longer than 2 years if convicted.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FGK said:

Gonna have to agree to disagree on that. I think his behavior points towards moral problems that are likely similar (other animals/people exist to benefit me). But I put more value on human life than animal, thus why I can eat bacon. Just my spot on the issue, totally understand equating the two.

I can respect not equating human life to animal life completely, but the actions weren’t the same either.

Dude electrocuted and drowned sentient beings because he felt like it.  That’s abhorrent behavior by any measure.

I love bacon too, but i find the idea of torturing and abusing the animal unacceptable.

At the end of the day I don’t want to make this too much about who’s a bigger POS.  The correct answer is both of them.  The point scrabble was making though about people moving on and letting the past be the past is valid though. It’s happened plenty of times, right or wrong.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/8qwpm4/2015-nfl-report

I assure your it will more or less happen in Cleveland too if he’s successful. Not to say everyone here will like it or even care then, but by and large people move on.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is, I just dont want to have to rely on him. He still needs a ton of polish with his routes/hands. He is a major reason the Browns ranked 27th in receiver separation 

He was their 3rd receiver in an offense that uses 2+ TE’s a majority of the time.

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For wrong, UNFORTUNATELY dog fighting was widely accepted and ingrained in a lot of Southern Culture for quite some time, and consequently, what Vick did was more a byproduct of his upbringing IMO. Again, not justifying it, and I agree with your take on human life, whereas I personally differentiate between that (dog fighting and cruelty) and sexual assault.

And to be blunt, I'd put Watson in prison for longer than 2 years if convicted.

The upbringing excuse can used for a lot of things and I don’t think it’s worth much in any circumstance that involves doing harm to others.

I’d put them both in jail for more than 2 years tbh.

• Like 3

I think we are running down a slippery slope in terms of morality, and sports figures.

We can all have our opinions of what is worse than the next thing, and some are more obvious than others...

People, in general, shouldn't like  rapists, abusers, murderers, or those that are cruel to animals.  When they are part of a team you root for, it makes for a bigger moral dilemma for some more than others. 

Edited by big poppa pump
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

On a more relevant note, Baker removed all Browns everything from social media.

Welp, time to add another name to that absurd jersey I guess.

Dude was the number one overall pick, broke the rookie TD record, broke a decades long streak of both not making the playoffs or winning a playoff game, etc and still doesn’t finish his rookie deal here.

Say what you want about Baker, that ain’t a good look for the organization.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Welp, time to add another name to that absurd jersey I guess.

Dude was the number one overall pick, broke the rookie TD record, broke a decades long streak of both not making the playoffs or winning a playoff game, etc and still doesn’t finish his rookie deal here.

Say what you want about Baker, that ain’t a good look for the organization.

Stop it bro.  He’s wack. His record got broke the next year. He never comes back late in games. He wasn’t going to be worth an extension here. 

You need to be glad this FO isn’t being delusional like the rest of the fans on here and they’re acting on the realization that the dude ain’t it. He ain’t the leader he hyped himself up to be, the locker room doesn’t care for him, and his commercials are lame. He’s been hanging onto Nick Chubbs cape since he got here. 

he’s average. And **** that 

dude can’t stay off social media he’s just lame. 

Edited by brownie man

Just now, brownie man said:

Stop it bro.  He’s wack. His record got broke the next year. He never comes back late in games. He wasn’t going to be worth an extension here. 

I’m not concerned with Baker fella, keep up.

If you think snappy decisions regarding QB’s are the bees knees, you must have loved the 20 years before Baker got here.

Not I’m 100% sure, but I’m just gonna throw this out there anyway.  I’m starting to think that maybe having patience with a player, keeping them in the same scheme for say, 3-4 years, keeping organizational consistency, structure, etc. in place for more than a couple years, and everything else that the teams who aren’t consistently the butt of jokes do may be a better way of doing things than how we operate.

You need to be glad this FO isn’t being delusional like the rest of the fans on here and acts on the realization that the dude ain’t it. He ain’t the leader he hyped himself up to be, the locker room doesn’t care for him, and his commercials are lame. He’s been hanging onto Nick Chubbs cape since he got here. 

Oh cool, now you not only know what we’re gonna do, you know how his teammates view him.  Good stuff, very credible.

Yeah, average is about right.

Let’s just hope the next guy isn’t worse.  Only took us 35 years to find average.  Can’t be too hard to find it again, right?

• Like 3

I REALLY wanted Baker to be the man. Hell, if I were running the team, I would've signed him to an extension last offseason. But he simply hasn't been good enough. Whether it's because of him, his surrounding cast, his coaching, his injuries, or a combo of all of them... he has simply underperformed.

I wouldn't be shocked if he has success elsewhere, but at the same time, we're probably not getting through the AFC any time soon with Baker at the helm.

Deshaun Watson is another discussion that I won't have until he's signed...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You need to be glad this FO isn’t being delusional like the rest of the fans on here and they’re acting on the realization that the dude ain’t it. He ain’t the leader he hyped himself up to be, the locker room doesn’t care for him, and his commercials are lame. He’s been hanging onto Nick Chubbs cape since he got here. 

dude can’t stay off social media he’s just lame. 

When it comes to the “comes back”,  it takes more than just the QB to get that job done. As disappointing as baker was in late games, so was his surrounding cast. Literally no one came up with a big play, none of the WRs or Baker. It’s why everyone would still want a QB at 13 even after getting Cooper. Baker struggled to make the plays but when he actually made a play or a good pass the receivers did absolutely nothing.

cant stay off social media cause he penned a letter to the fan base saying thanks because the team basically told Him they are done with him Why does he have to operate on the teams timeline and wait for him to be traded before doing that? I could see if he went off on a rant and started to air dirty laundry and what not 

• Like 1

I’m just confused why this bridge was burnt down when we don’t have the bird in the bush yet. I would’ve ridden out year five as I have repeatedly stated, but in the case that they were moving on, if they don’t actually land a better option, they still have to look elsewhere at this point. Only thing I can think is that there’s been tension between the two sides going on for a while and collectively they did a piss poor job of making up over it. So, at this point, you better go figure out who your quarterback is going to be or you are going to look really foolish.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I’m just confused why this bridge was burnt down when we don’t have the bird in the bush yet. I would’ve ridden out year five as I have repeatedly stated, but in the case that they were moving on, if they don’t actually land a better option, they still have to look elsewhere at this point. Only thing I can think is that there’s been tension between the two sides going on for a while and collectively they did a piss poor job of making up over it. So, at this point, you better go figure out who your quarterback is going to be or you are going to look really foolish.

I'm sure we'll never know the whole story, but it sounds like the Baker/Stefanski relationship has been bad for a while and had deteriorated to the point that they pretty much had to move on.

• Like 2