2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I didn’t say I was not gonna be on it. That’s the difference. 

If he decided not to be on it then he also decides when he can be back on it. He expressed his gratitude to the city in a time of uncertainty. The fact that it gets your panties all up in a bunch is the most baffling thing to me. It is not like he came out and blasted everyone, or was being a ******. He is merely saying goodbye. And you have no idea, maybe they had already told him he was being moved.  

Edited by pscottdai

3 hours ago, Dome said:

I think in my GM mock I was going to make a trade, and I like to check in with fanbases of the player to see what they think.

If a trade happens and these are way off I will cancel the trade, but I was thinking something like this (multiple packages).

Saints get:
Baker Mayfield

#1 Browns get:
$17m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
C/OC Caesar Ruiz @ 2 years $3m per w/ 5th year option.

#2 Browns get:
$15m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
2022 Round 3 #101
"QB" Taysom Hill @ 1 year $5m base

#3 Browns get:
$17m dead cap hit
2022 Round 2 #49
2022 Round 3 #101
CB Janoris Jenkins @ 1 year $5.25m

Or some kind of mix/match.

Would you personally do it? Could you see the Browns doing? Would you be devastated? Meh? Happy?

Ask your self how much your willing to surrender if Mayfield tells your he will not

Sign a franchise or a long term deal just so he could treat the Browns like they treated him.

32 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Does anyone else think it's a little odd that no Browns teammate has come out to show support for Baker & say he should be the Browns QB?

Peace!!!

Why would they do that? They, like he, are uncertain of what is going to happen. Plus if they did, then it starts things off awkwardly with the new guy that comes in. 

I have to wonder who is running this offseason - AB or Truckstop Jimmy? 

Gambling on leadership with questionable character in the name of winning seems right out of Haslam's Pilot/Flying J playbook...as does completely bumbling the job and alienating your current QB when it's less than a sure thing the gamble will even pay off.

Where do we go when Watson picks another team?

8 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I have to wonder who is running this offseason - AB or Truckstop Jimmy? 

Gambling on leadership with questionable character in the name of winning seems right out of Haslam's Pilot/Flying J playbook...as does completely bumbling the job and alienating your current QB when it's less than a sure thing the gamble will even pay off.

Where do we go when Watson picks another team?

I’d guess Jimmy G.