2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Baker should have kept his mouth shut and just got healthy and when his number was called played out of his mind.  Seems like a lot easier plan than what has happened.  

He either is getting bad advice or is not listening to good advice. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

why?  The whole league knew Watson was available and teams lined up for him.

If you’re good teams will line up to get you.

Yes, it’s the nerds who are likely the imbeciles and not their boss who is a confirmed imbecile.  

great scapegoat for sure

Just now, big poppa pump said:

great scapegoat for sure

I mean, this is literally the same type of asinine “browns are gonna be the browns” stuff we’ve seen his whole tenure as owner.

Are all these guys idiots?  Or is there one idiot at the top who doesn’t know when to let others do their job?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Honestly, this is just par for the course with the Browns any more. I don't really care who the QB is going to be, just get it determined, let us know, and move forward with the rest of the off-season. 

As for Baker asking for a trade, if my employer came in and told me they were looking to replace me, I would be upset and look for work elsewhere as well. Any of you that say you wouldn't are full of ****. 

Yes, but if you had a contract with a no compete clause, you would be stuck in that position until the contract expired.

Baker knows that if he quits, he could lose tens of millions of dollars, and worse, prove the naysayers right.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think pro sports are different than regular 9-5s.  

Teams are always looking to upgrade their talent. 

No one would like it obv, but I think most mature folks could realize it’s part of the business.

100% and I do not fault the Browns at all for exploring it as it is a business but at the same time it upsets people and players are people. 

Again, I take no issue with how Baker feels and him asking for a trade. Only way I have problem with Baker in this situation is if he refuses to play the season if they do not trade him. Then he would be being a baby about it. The team made it clear to him, and the world, he is not good enough for them so of course ask to be traded to a team that wants you because the Browns sure don't.

Edited by pscottdai

3 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Yes, but if you had a contract with a no compete clause, you would be stuck in that position until the contract expired.

Baker knows that if he quits, he could lose tens of millions of dollars, and worse, prove the naysayers right.

He has not said he is not going to play, he has asked for a trade. Is why I see no issue with it. If he refuses to play that is a different story.

Edited by pscottdai

1 minute ago, pscottdai said:

100% and I do not fault the Browns at all for exploring it as it is a business but at the same time it upsets people and players are people. 

I don’t expect it not to bruise his ego, it get it.  Just maybe be less publicly emotional idk..

Darnold, Ryan, Hill (?), etc aren’t out here doing this ish.

1 minute ago, pscottdai said:

Again, I take no issue with how Baker feels and him asking for a trade. Only way I have problem with Baker in this situation is if he refuses to play the season if they do not trade him. Then he would be being a baby about it. The team made it clear to him, and the world, he is not good enough for them so of course ask to be traded to a team that wants you because teh Browns sure don't. 

Or just do your job and let them (or someone else) show you just how much they want you with a big old bag of cash.

And didn’t he turn down an extension last fall?  I’m guessing if he’d have signed that we wouldn’t be having this conversation.  

22 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Honestly, this is just par for the course with the Browns any more. I don't really care who the QB is going to be, just get it determined, let us know, and move forward with the rest of the off-season. 

As for Baker asking for a trade, if my employer came in and told me they were looking to replace me, I would be upset and look for work elsewhere as well. Any of you that say you wouldn't are full of ****. 

No, I would say I have to step my s*** up

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And didn’t he turn down an extension last fall?  I’m guessing if he’d have signed that we wouldn’t be having this conversation.  

We would still 100% still be having it, as the team would still have gone to look at Watson :) 

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

No, I would say I have to step my s*** up

Sure you would, ok. 

Is like staying in an abusive relationship..."If I just shut up, and try harder, my partner will stop cheating on me/abusing me". They have already made up their mind, move on if/when you can.

Edited by pscottdai

2 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

He has not said he is not going to play, he has asked for a trade. Is why I see no issue with it. If he refuses to play that is a different story.

I gotcha. Just saying it won't make him quit. I expected the trade request. It's who he is.

He'll, it might just be the thing that motivates him to finally play consistently. Probably not, but it's worth a gamble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s literally how it works in sports from middle school up.

This isn’t some CPA gig or selling life insurance.

And again, where has he  stated he is not going to try and do so...he asked to be moved. As any sane person should do. If they say no then fine, go out and play. If they do then great.

Players do it all of the time but for some reason he is the bad guy in this situation because he would rather be someplace where he is wanted rather than a place he isn't. Come talk to me if he refuses to play.

Edited by pscottdai