2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Higher QB rating than Lamar right now

unfortunately if you think baker is better than lamar you need your eyes checked.  he actually makes plays when his team needs them to win.  with 20 people on IR a bad oline and bad/ injured WR's .   He doesn't need everything perfect to play well and get his team wins 

5 minutes ago, EastSideDawg said:

unfortunately if you think baker is better than lamar you need your eyes checked.  he actually makes plays when his team needs them to win.  with 20 people on IR a bad oline and bad/ injured WR's .   He doesn't need everything perfect to play well and get his team wins 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/forum/18-baltimore-ravens/

Go talk to these guys about how great Lamar is, we don't need it in this thread.

• Like 1

Baker has been off for a couple games. The ball is wobbling out of his hands and that is abnormal. Whether it is caused by his shoulder, another injury or whatever he isn't physically right.

Unfortunately he regressed from 2 weeks ago so maybe he still won't be right this week. Maybe he will. He is resilient and will come back just like last year. Last year he was a poor man's Andy Dalton and by the end of the year it was sign him long term immediately. The same will happen this year. He will be back to Baker and this thread will go silent for the most part.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, EastSideDawg said:

you can say what you want he played well against the chiefs the worst D so far and the Texans the worst team in the NFL so far this year.

if you want to talk about last year thats cool. you know who isnt talking about last year?  Stefanski because he knows it doesn't mean anything .

1st place oh everybody stinks that 

How about 28 on Chicago they were the 7th ranked defense 

Pittsburgh and ravens got torched by Mayfield no way am I going back to Kizer and Higgins. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Berry could be wanting to avoid a Goff / Wentz situation and might hedge his bets.

If Baker struggles this year, franchise tag him after his 5th year if you’re still not sure. It worked out for Dallas doing that.

Yeah we don’t have to make a decision any time soon.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

This is personally why I was in the "wait to pay Baker" camp. I personally think that he CAN be the guy who carries a team, but he hasn't shown it yet consistently. This is a critical year for him. I'm still playing him the next 2 years, but if he shows he's NOT that guy after 5 years, I'd move him for a QB upgrade (See: The Rams with Stafford).

The good news is, the foundation of this team is intact for the foreseeable future, with your running backs, Myles, your secondary, JOK, and pieces on the OL. So, if Baker majorly regresses or even plateaus, you can still salvage things and regroup.

And if Baker ever hits that "ON" switch and proves he's THE GUY in the next 2 years, you pay him and sleep well.

Even if you're stuck in QB purgatory with Baker on the Franchise Tag for a year, that'll give us 3 years to figure it out.

5pcibd.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, EastSideDawg said:

Tied for first your hollow 

27 minutes ago, EastSideDawg said:

Did I say baker was better? Just said the QB rating is higher.

we get it, you hate baker! But your QB takes are as about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop