2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Remember when your troll game used to actually be good? You're slipping dude. Up your game a few notches. I'm embarrassed for you. I didn't even get a "I told you guys we should have traded for Sam Darnold in the off-season" full circle victory lap here.

3c42951e-59b8-4458-b50f-56e60ec00d44_tex

200.gif

Edited by Empire Lies

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

But seriously, trade OBJ.

I personally believe(d) we should have in the off-season. Let's all hope that Baker's shoulder harness is to blame here. Plus, I'll be honest, if Baker is THAT emotionally fragile (and he's not IMO), do we really want to hang onto a QB who can't overcome a case of the yips with someone else on the field like him?

(I'd still trade OBJ in the off-season this year too)

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I personally believe(d) we should have in the off-season. Let's all hope that Baker's shoulder harness is to blame here. Plus, I'll be honest, if Baker is THAT emotionally fragile (and he's not IMO), do we really want to hang onto a QB who can't overcome a case of the yips with someone else on the field like him?

(I'd still trade OBJ in the off-season this year too)

1 of the very real possibility is baker throughing things away unless they are wide open.

Mayfield thru some 30 yard frozen ropes in that game if he is hurting 90 percent of the qbs wish that they could throw that pass.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What’s roses about it.  As long as things work out here, they work out.

Perhaps. What other options do we have if they can’t figure it out?  

I honestly don’t think he needs a ton of talent at receiver.  Just dudes who run their routes and catch the ball.

He’s had big games and such with guys like Higgins and DPJ as his WR’s.  Sure I’d like a little more talent there, but he doesn’t seem to need it.

Yep.

And I don’t think it’s panic button time just yet, but we’re getting there. It’s helped we managed to win the last 2, but we can’t expect our defense to continue playing this well.

I hope they figure it out, but I wouldn’t let this situation fester into Nov/Dec if they don’t.

It's roses to ignore the fallout and reaction to actually trading OBJ and figure he'll just hit the switch again and play top tier.

They don't have any other options right now....but trading Beckham would be a doozy.

I think he doesn't seem to need super talented guys because he plays extremely well in structure when things aren't complicated. My theory is that OBJ makes him have to do just a little bit more out there. Instead of just pure structure and first reads he has to check on alerts and add a bit more improvisation. And it's just enough of a distraction that it ****s him all up. .. I guess we won't know for sure unless the team finds a similarly talented #1 type.

But trading OBJ for a little bit of talent is not just practical it's also about face saving. You can't just throw away a #1 WR for nothing because your QB can't throw to him. ..and @buno67 I think there's a solid argument that Cle OBJ hasn't looked like NY OBJ because of Baker.

Edited by BrownLeader

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll be honest, if Baker is THAT emotionally fragile (and he's not IMO), do we really want to hang onto a QB who can't overcome a case of the yips with someone else on the field like him?

Yeah, I have seen no sign of the yips. It is the easiest thing in the world to spot.

There is something going on. Baker trusts his legs more than his arm right now and that has never been the case before. I think he saw Felton but trusted his legs more than his accuracy.

However, he isn't panicking and throwing balls up for grabs or before receivers complete their routes he is throwing it in a general area but away from defenders. It makes me think he knows his accuracy isn't there and he is trying to compensate for it by throwing away from receivers. If he had the yips he would just toss it up and hope because that is what you do, I've been there and done that.

I'm guessing it is shoulder related since the timeline lines up perfectly and this Baker is nothing like what we've ever seen before. Even in 2019 when he struggled it was his rolling to the right trying to hit windows on the run that are nearly impossible. Sure he would occasionally miss high but only frequently and not to the degree he has been missing guys the last two weeks.

Hopefully his sling or whatever it is comes off and we see an immediate difference. It will happen it just depends on when.

• Like 2