Jaguars OTAs/Training Camp News and Notes

.Buzz

On 8/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, .Buzz said:

Can anyone explain what Carlos Hyde was doing “deep” down the sideline? Was he lost???

On 8/2/2021 at 10:10 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think so much was made of Urban dogging Chark when I took it as, he thinks DJ can be a difference maker but didnt play like it. Wants to get the best out of him

Seems like a fair assessment. Big problem with Chark last year seemed to be effort and intensity. But I think Urban is astute enough to see there’s talent there, and as a coach...you’ve gotta be able to ride with the talent you have by actually getting the most out of them. Chark is a pressure point where...if you can get him going, there’s a lot of upside there for the team. 

On 8/2/2021 at 10:35 AM, .Buzz said:

Not gonna overreact but definitely less than ideal.

To be fair...we knew going in that our edge rusher situation is kinda cruddy. That we’re going to have to rely, philosophically on a lot of schemed up pressures to help the pass rush get some wins. Which obviously are not a factor in any sort of 1-on-1 drills. 

On 8/3/2021 at 9:06 AM, .Buzz said:

Having a dynamic guy like that coming out of the backfield is going to be soooo nice.

On the one hand, a RB beating LBers in passing drills is...not necessarily that special. That should kinda be the expectation, especially considering the investment in doing exactly that. 

But if you can reliably either get those easy wins from a RB with that skill set, you’re at least either moving the chains or forcing opposing defenses to adjust and move DBs around. Which can kick loose something else. 

On 8/3/2021 at 9:20 AM, .Buzz said:

Yikes. You think you’re just going to run through him or what? Little is a MASSIVE human being.

So...hopefully that was noted, and Chaisson is never put in a situation like that in games. Because lol that’s like a pass rush speed, but going the wrong direction getting moved in the run game. 

On 8/4/2021 at 9:11 AM, .Buzz said:

Feel like this is the first time I’ve heard anything on Campbell. With Hendo’s situation he likely will be counted on early imo.

I would hope that Tyson can hold up against a dude off the street who may be in tough to make an NFL roster.  Seems like Treadwell has looked alright in camp, but still...a basically late first round pick...ought to be able to hang in against a depth WR. 

On 8/6/2021 at 7:10 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Bout to buy my plane ticket soon. $270, nonstop both ways, just for the 12th. 

Lol, out of curiosity...it appears I could do it for under 600 bucks with airfare crazy cheap like it is right now. Only a few connections each way and only about 23 hours each way. But lol...that’s almost tempting compared to normal. 

I’m in no rush though. And if/when I do it, it’ll be for a home game in Jacksonville anyway. 

On 8/7/2021 at 10:38 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

I guess they got Tread playing in the slot. He will make the team.

I like it. Honestly, he’s probably one of the better slot WR options around right now, and seems like he can potentially cover a bit of ground between that...outside WR depth, sexy flex TE even. And seems to have the effort and physical traits to make some sort of STs impact somewhere?

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Lol, out of curiosity...it appears I could do it for under 600 bucks with airfare crazy cheap like it is right now. Only a few connections each way and only about 23 hours each way. But lol...that’s almost tempting compared to normal. 

I’m in no rush though. And if/when I do it, it’ll be for a home game in Jacksonville anyway. 

I like it. Honestly, he’s probably one of the better slot WR options around right now, and seems like he can potentially cover a bit of ground between that...outside WR depth, sexy flex TE even. And seems to have the effort and physical traits to make some sort of STs impact somewhere?

Where do you live

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Where do you live

Canada.

Casually browsing, looks like I’d end up flying through Toronto though...which makes the time/distance insane. There’s probably a way to fly to Vegas (the only cheap place to fly from here) and fly cheap from there on another airline. But I didn’t look into it cause I’m obviously not seriously considering it and was just curious. Lol. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Has anyone heard anything about how Jay Tufele is doing so far?  I really liked him as a prospect and was pumped when we got him.  I hope he can become a good player on our D-line.

Yeah he’s looked promising. Cullen talked him up the other day.

• Like 1