Walking Dead season 8 (no comic stuff)

Malfatron

27 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

I'm not done yet but this show went from sitting there in awe to halfass watching it while playing around on my laptop or phone. I hope they wrap it up soon.

was like this last yr and now I don't bother too watch

I believe a producer said they want to go 10 more seasons...

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I actually thought the last episode was good. One of only two this season.. but still.

I agree. The season started out pretty bland w/ the constant bullets but it has gotten better the last few episodes. Hope they build for the finale. It would be better if they got rid of junkyard people and killed off Ezekial.

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I agree. The season started out pretty bland w/ the constant bullets but it has gotten better the last few episodes. Hope they build for the finale. It would be better if they got rid of junkyard people and killed off Ezekial.

Next episode is technically the 'finale' for this half-season, I unironically have high hopes for it to be honest.

7 hours ago, August4th said:

don't get how he got the role..he's really bad.. much better kid actors out there.. just look at the kids from GOT or recently stranger things/IT

Because he was cast 7 years ago. He was like 10 when they hired him. Tough to tell what kind of actor you're going to be getting at that age. Just my opinion. 

And I don't think he's all that bad...I don't know why people hate him so much.

The problem, IMO, is that they want Negan to stick around for a while. You can't kill him off right now but you also can't keep thumbing your bhole for the entirety of a season either. They almost have to have these long drawn out episodes to avoid an all out war. If there was a gigantic war every episode, people would be furious at the amount of times the main characters escape situations nobody would escape from. Negan would be shot at 6,000 times and still be alive. Same for Rick.

I don't know where they go from here, but something has to happen soon. I also wish that walkers were more of a threat than they are right now. It seems like they're just an inconvenience rather than an actual army of death like they were early on. I understand that they're wearing down and becoming significantly weaker, but the show has stopped being about zombies and has become a soap opera. I'm fine with that, but the soap opera is becoming stale and they should go back to their roots. Not sure how to make the walkers more formidable, as they are getting weaker and weaker from a story standpoint.

Also, I think there's too many characters in TWD right now. I liked it when there was less to think about and not so many people we had to pretend to care about. When there's 60 freaking people in this world, it's tough to develop characters that we care about. I think they've only made us care about maybe 5-7 people on the show. Everyone else is expendable and meaningless filler. I don't really care what happens to Ezekiel's Kingdom people. I don't really care what happens to Gregory or the doctor. I don't care what happens to Tara. I don't care what happens to Jesus...there are just a lot of people that I don't really care about in the show.

Darryl, Rick, Carl, Carol, Negan, Maggie, and maybe Morgan are the only characters that have fully fleshed out personalities that the show has made us care about...in theory. Everyone else is just kind of meh....and meh gets too much air time. A smaller group would give us a more narrow focus and you could develop more stories. Nothing happens in these episodes because they have to track 1,000 different people from 1,000 different places.

I still like the show and will continue watching, but it has hit a lull. It almost seems like it's become a different show in the last 2 years. I love Negan, but somehow his arrival has made the show more stagnant. I don't know why that is, because Negan the character is killing it. It's the plot around him that seems to be stale...all-out war should be more badass than it's been so far. Every time there's a fire fight, I know nobody important is going to die...unless it's a season finale. I'd love it if they shocked us with a middle of a season death from a main character. It'd breathe some life into a stagnant story and get people excited to see what happens after that. The seasons start out strong and finish strong, but the middle portions are brutal.

^^I think you nailed it, especially the "too many characters to care about" bit. Not only that, but the producers are simply bad at keeping us 'in the loop' so to speak, where they will go 3/4/5+ episodes without mentioning a character and then throwing us an episode that revolves around them in an attempt to flesh them out. They've also fallen into a rather predictable pattern of focusing on a minor/side character heavily just before he/she dies or major tragedy befalls them. (see the gay couple, Ezekiel just this season).

16 hours ago, cddolphin said:

^^I think you nailed it, especially the "too many characters to care about" bit. Not only that, but the producers are simply bad at keeping us 'in the loop' so to speak, where they will go 3/4/5+ episodes without mentioning a character and then throwing us an episode that revolves around them in an attempt to flesh them out. They've also fallen into a rather predictable pattern of focusing on a minor/side character heavily just before he/she dies or major tragedy befalls them. (see the gay couple, Ezekiel just this season).

Not a ton of consistency either. What was with the flashback stuff they showed in the first episode and then never went back to it or expanded on it?

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not a ton of consistency either. What was with the flashback stuff they showed in the first episode and then never went back to it or expanded on it?

I'm almost certain they will get there. Keep in mind these seasons are 16 episodes so they have time.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 12:35 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Because he was cast 7 years ago. He was like 10 when they hired him. Tough to tell what kind of actor you're going to be getting at that age. Just my opinion. 

And I don't think he's all that bad...I don't know why people hate him so much.

He's better than he was.

He was super annoying as a kid.

Archived