Los Angeles Clippers Fear SF Kawhi Leonard Has Torn ACL

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Donte is 3rd team here so maybe I'm underrating him a little bit. 

Nah bro. I know Caruso is a good defender. I also know that Donte is a good defender. I don't need metrics to tell me how good DD is on defense and what he brings on that end. You're good.

Just now, beekay414 said:

For sure but how strong are these in taking team defense into account? RAPTOR, for instance, almost every Laker had really good defensive scores. That's not surprising at all. I mean, Harrell had like a +2 RAPTOR and he was unplayable in the playoffs because of his defense. 

Metrics are great but defensive metrics have their issues. For one, who are these guys guarding? How good is their team defense? What pace are they playing at? Just a **** ton of questions around defensive individual metrics.

For sure. They aren't perfect by any means. You can also consider that his role is essentially "defend" which makes it easier for him to do it well compared to others with more responsibility. However, when you pop up near the top of pretty much every list (barring RPM which changed their formula for the 1,000th time), and consistently grade out as the highest impact defender on the best D in the NBA, odds are good that you can defend well.

• Like 1

Nah bro. I know Caruso is a good defender. I also know that Donte is a good defender. I don't need metrics to tell me how good DD is on defense and what he brings on that end. You're good.

I think you're underrating Caruso's defense though.

This was from before the bubble run.

He does everything. He's such an intelligent player. He's like guard Draymond on that end.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think you're underrating Caruso's defense though.

This was from before the bubble run.

He does everything. He's such an intelligent player. He's like guard Draymond on that end.

Nah, I know what he offers on that end. My issue was the overall comparison to Donte. They just aren't comparable in 1) their roles and 2) how they play. That's really the crux of the issue we had (past tense).

• Like 1

I really hope Kawhi didn't tear his ACL. Never good for the game when a star is down due to significant injury and Kawhi's knees are already a mess.

Yeah we should get back on topic, but same. I hate the Clippers, but Kawhi has been magic to watch this postseason. I've said for a while he has to load manage cause those knees aren't getting better. Would hate if he had to miss not only the rest of the postseason but most and maybe all of next season as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hawks lost Deandre Hunter and even Trae is banged up.

Donte was definitely a loss but other teams have dealt with more. I mean every year teams lose key contributors but if you lose your best or second player, you are usually f'd. You can make up for a loss like Donte's.

BK, LAL, LAC, PHO, DEN etc have dealt with bigger losses. 

Lool exactly. For us people have probably forgotten about LaMarcus And Dindwiddie. Never mind our big 3.

Edited by Kip Smithers

9 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

No update on Kawhi yet?

They have to wait for the swelling to go down for the MRI I believe.

At least to my understanding a torn ACL doesn’t have that much swelling, so they can be diagnosed fairly quickly like right after by the doctor with a Lachman’s test.