Non- News ? Tanya Co-CEO

RSkinGM

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

If that is the standard then there are lots of owners who should be removed.  It sounds like you want the NFL and Goodell to act like a dictator.  But the NFL has no moral high ground to stand upon.  Lets not act like Snyder is the only moral or negative culture piece in the nfl.  At least he isn't one that kids look up to.

What other team went through something this bad? I mean, it may have happened and I missed it but Dan Snyder ordered them to make extra videos of the cheerleaders naked to distribute to friends. He settled out of court because he sexual harassed an employee. The cheerleaders were basically used as prostitutes for his friends. Do you not understand how bad this stuff was? On top of him absolutely destroying one of the leagues flagship franchises. A $17M fine is a complete joke. Bounty gate and deflate gate cost those teams more in picks and fines. This whole thing is absurd. And if you don’t think his ownership was threatened you’re being naive. Tanya Snyder is co-ceo now because the NFL told him to do it. That’s how he kept his team. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What other team went through something this bad? I mean, it may have happened and I missed it but Dan Snyder ordered them to make extra videos of the cheerleaders naked to distribute to friends. He settled out of court because he sexual harassed an employee. The cheerleaders were basically used as prostitutes for his friends. Do you not understand how bad this stuff was? On top of him absolutely destroying one of the leagues flagship franchises. A $17M fine is a complete joke. Bounty gate and deflate gate cost those teams more in picks and fines. This whole thing is absurd. And if you don’t think his ownership was threatened you’re being naive. Tanya Snyder is co-ceo now because the NFL told him to do it. That’s how he kept his team. 

Yep, as someone said on Twitter, Jerry Richardson & even Donald Sterling were forced to sell their franchises for less.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think you give Snyder too much credit.  He isn't the wizard behind the curtain.  He is just a jerk and ran a poor business.

Anyways, what is so bad?  Snyder has been convicted of nothing.  That is the reality.  This is the NFL bro.  Didn't you see Derrius Guice is good to go too.  

Our fall from grace may have felt painful for us who are up close, but it is relatively minor.  The league isn't going to be happy, but you got to recognize what WFT is.  Despite losing for 20 years we are still a top 10 revenue team.  You can't talk like we are the frickin bengals or something.  Snyder may not be making as much money as he could, but we are still a huge profit center.  

I am not trying to be his defender and I would prefer another owner, but I also firmly believe in grass isn't always greener.  I have seen the big corporate world up close and I have never seen one that didn't have some real ugliness behind the paint.  And certainly the businesses that lack proper structure, like Snyder has enabled, are ripe with problems.  

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think you give Snyder too much credit.  He isn't the wizard behind the curtain.  He is just a jerk and ran a poor business.

Anyways, what is so bad?  Snyder has been convicted of nothing.  That is the reality.  This is the NFL bro.  Didn't you see Derrius Guice is good to go too.  

Our fall from grace may have felt painful for us who are up close, but it is relatively minor.  The league isn't going to be happy, but you got to recognize what WFT is.  Despite losing for 20 years we are still a top 10 revenue team.  You can't talk like we are the frickin bengals or something.  Snyder may not be making as much money as he could, but we are still a huge profit center.  

I am not trying to be his defender and I would prefer another owner, but I also firmly believe in grass isn't always greener.  I have seen the big corporate world up close and I have never seen one that didn't have some real ugliness behind the paint.  And certainly the businesses that lack proper structure, like Snyder has enabled, are ripe with problems.  

The sexual harassment stuff that was allowed to go on for 20 years under his watch is bad. The sex cruise w/ Redskins cheerleads was the icing on the cake. He’s the owner, he’s in the least complicit in that happening, at the least he wasn’t there enough to stop the sexual harassment stuff from happening. At most he participated in the sexual harassment and things like the sex cruise - which I think it most likely - just like Robert Craft, Dan should be forced to sell the team because what they did puts a black mark on the league. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The sexual harassment stuff that was allowed to go on for 20 years under his watch is bad. The sex cruise w/ Redskins cheerleads was the icing on the cake. He’s the owner, he’s in the least complicit in that happening, at the least he wasn’t there enough to stop the sexual harassment stuff from happening. At most he participated in the sexual harassment and things like the sex cruise - which I think it most likely - just like Robert Craft, Dan should be forced to sell the team because what they did puts a black mark on the league. 

Agree, but many of the other owners are looking the other way cause of their own skeletons in the closet. It's a testosterone driven game/ league / business. They are afarid to point the finger I'd think . Not excusing it, just saying . Facts be facts.

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, RSkinGM said:

Agree, but many of the other owners are looking the other way cause of their own skeletons in the closet. It's a testosterone driven game/ league / business. They are afarid to point the finger I'd think . Not excusing it, just saying . Facts be facts.

Episode 2 Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

So Tanya is appointed Co-CEO right before the investigations drops informing Dan that he must not be involved in day-to-day operations for 3 months?

So the person who is going to be involved is:

His wife?

Whom he's still married to?

Who lives in the same house and sleeps in the same bed?

And they think this means he won't actually be involved in day-to-day operations?

I mean I love the child-like thinking there. Or perhaps they know he will but want to give the patina of plausible deniability (even if it's really not plausible)?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I can’t imagine the bolded is true...

I was going to say the same! At this point Dan is essentially a Sugar Daddy, and that may have always been the case except when they had their kids when they were first married.

On 7/1/2021 at 4:22 PM, turtle28 said:

Exactly, the local media called this one!

And they were all aware of this stuff going on and no one blew the whistle on it because they were afraid of losing access to the team.  There is no moral high ground when everyone was standing in the muck.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And they were all aware of this stuff going on and no one blew the whistle on it because they were afraid of losing access to the team.  There is no moral high ground when everyone was standing in the muck.  

For sure, they didn’t report on it for 20 years bc they didn’t want to lose their access in Ashburn.