Non- News ? Tanya Co-CEO

RSkinGM

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/6/29/22555437/is-tanya-snyders-promotion-a-sign-that-husband-dan-is-running-for-cover

Man that lady is part Giraffe- longest neck I've ever seen . NOT that it's anything wrong with that ! Just saying .

😂 To the Giraffe 🦒  comment!

I don’t know what to say to this move. It could be good, could be bad. Well, I guess it couldn’t get much worse w/ Dan having total control except for the Gibbs years in the last 20 years.

Still more influence from the Snyder’s on this team is not what we need IMO but I’m hopefully I guess that she’ll be better than Dan and convince him to make better decisions. The jury is definitely out on that.

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

We’re going the wrong direction in terms of Snyders in power.

And that isn't changing.  

We aren't special in having a bad organization.  If you look around the league, you see a lot of organizational failures and bad owners.  Some teams get away with a mess because they win and fans look the other way.  We haven't been so lucky.  At least Snyder is making changes.  If Snyder can figure it out, he is young and we could see a positive direction for decades.

27 minutes ago, offbyone said:

And that isn't changing.  

We aren't special in having a bad organization.  If you look around the league, you see a lot of organizational failures and bad owners.  Some teams get away with a mess because they win and fans look the other way.  We haven't been so lucky.  At least Snyder is making changes.  If Snyder can figure it out, he is young and we could see a positive direction for decades.

I posted  a very similar thread 3 or 4 years ago using the Rooneys and Pittsburgh as the model. They were awful for years ! 

• Like 1

I do think that the whole optics of this organization have switched because Snyder wants to get the new stadium.  What was going on- rampant cronyism, an organization where sexual harassment ran rampant and no one did anything about it, and just treating it like his own private entertainment- wasn’t going to make people budge.  It was actually chasing them away.  DC wanted no part of a new stadium until and unless the name changed.  Virginia has been lukewarm on a stadium site ever since Richmond has suffered from the training camp deal and Maryland pulled back their land offer near the National Harbor.

So now he’s done a complete 180 on things.  He’s hired a minority coach, GM, team president and now named his wife the co-CEO.  He brought in an outside organization (also suggested by the NFL, but I digress) to evaluate the organization from the top down as far as HR goes.  He’s also done a 180 from saying that the team name would never change.  

So yeah, I definitely think optics is at play here.  This is not change to make things different or better.  But it’s either this, or he got caught doing some kind of infidelity he should not have been doing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

And that isn't changing.  

It just depends on if the change is sustained.  I remember when the Orioles hired Dan Duquette- he said all of the buzzwords about getting involved in the Latin American market, building a facility down there and building infrastructure.  When he left the Orioles, we barely made any international signings because the owner was staunchly against it due to whatever reasons he had, so the facility was never built, and the infrastructure never changed because all of the resources went to payroll.  

Two years into the new GM’s term, and we made two top 30 signings in the J2 market last year, both over seven figures, and the facility is going to have ground broke on it later in the year.  He completely revamped and reconstructed the front office and analytics department.  

So I’ve got to see it in practice before I will believe it.  But I definitely think this is an optics thing to get a new stadium.  Will the people in charge somehow get us to winning?  That remains to be seen as well.  

Either way……this isn’t “non news” as the title says.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So she has "real power/ input ? " . O K . Just seems like PR bull stuff to me .

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

So she has "real power/ input ? " . O K . Just seems like PR bull stuff to me .

I think she has as much input on football things as Ron has probably given Dan at this point. But she has always been apart of things with her women of Washington things and such so I mean this is really just her being officially involved when it was clear she’s been doing a ton of work for cancer and women in our community for a while. This isn’t a football move I think it’s exactly what it looks like. More of us trying to move past the outdated and just bad looks of the brand we carried for the last 20 or so years. For once it is just nice to just not read about weekly dysfunction.

I’ll be happy to hear about more forward thinking hirers over the we’re getting rid of a drunk, because he’s a drunk; like we didn’t hire him knowing he was a drunk. Or the name stories every two days or the Bruce won’t do the smart football thing because it’s personal thing. Or we’re hiring scrub coach X because coach A-W didn’t want no parts of it here. Also side note if the want to be the first to hire a completely tattooed colored hair scout I know where they can start 🤣🤣🤣🙋🙋🙋 I won’t let you down Ron!! Heck yall are drafting all my guys anyways might as well bring me on so we stop getting the Chinns and Monds of the world taken 2 picks before us every year lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It just depends on if the change is sustained.  I remember when the Orioles hired Dan Duquette- he said all of the buzzwords about getting involved in the Latin American market, building a facility down there and building infrastructure.  When he left the Orioles, we barely made any international signings because the owner was staunchly against it due to whatever reasons he had, so the facility was never built, and the infrastructure never changed because all of the resources went to payroll.  

Two years into the new GM’s term, and we made two top 30 signings in the J2 market last year, both over seven figures, and the facility is going to have ground broke on it later in the year.  He completely revamped and reconstructed the front office and analytics department.  

So I’ve got to see it in practice before I will believe it.  But I definitely think this is an optics thing to get a new stadium.  Will the people in charge somehow get us to winning?  That remains to be seen as well.  

That is a good example of how just a couple years of positive change can have a major impact.  We have seen sustained change at WFT before, it just hasn't been positive change.

I see a different quality of change right now.  Corporate structure that wasn't there has been added.  Stuff like that is really hard to undo in a corporate atmosphere.  Once you have formal policies and procedures they only grow.  I have never seen them shrink.  Once HR departments get their claws in a company they don't go away, there is too much red tape associated.  So, I think that change is here to stay.  I also think we have done very well when it comes to diversity hirings.  

Certainly, the Rivera regime is the major ticket item that will change eventually.  For now though I expect him to get his chance for at least 3 more seasons.  He needs to win though and that is on him.

So honestly, I just don't know what everyone wants.  You can't change the past.  Snyder has clearly responded to the wilkinson report and made changes.  That is what everyone wanted.  Time to move forward.