Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

So I'm interested to see who gets the most snaps in certain areas next week. I know it will be a rotation at these spots. But with a healthy lineup it will be interesting to watch.

RB: Coleman, Carter and Johnson. All 3 had good camps from what we heard. I think Carter gets the most touches if he knows the system. But if he doesn't quite have it yet... Coleman will out touch him. I think Johnson will get some looks as well.

WR: Who's is starting besides Davis. Crowder is the vet and so is Cole. Do they get most the snaps bc they're vets. Or did Moore beat out these guys. We didn't get any preseason game action from Moore, but he's healthy now. And how does Mims fit in all this. Is he barely going to get any action. Or is he gonna get his as well.

RT: I believe Moses should start here. And I think he will.

DE: I think JFM and Huff get most the snaps Week 1. Not sure they'll have the confidence in Lawson that quick for him to out snap Huff. But he will start very soon.

LB: Mosely we know will start and Naz should as well. Who starts opposite. Sherwood didn't look that good and Cashman is below average. Williams was just brought in, so much like Lawson I think he will be worked in.

CB: Hall will start and I think Guidry will see the most snaps besides besides him. But I'll be interested to see who gets the most snaps after that. Echols and Carter II had the bets camps. But I'm sure Pinnock with the bigger body might get worked in too.

Regarding TE, with the OL as poor as it has been, JD was most likely looking for in-line blocking TE before prioritizing a pass catching TE.  Finding one to do both is very difficult.  Lets see what LaFleur can do with what we have.  I envision TE being one of the higher priorities next year.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:39 AM, Bobby816 said:

I don't think releasing him is a loss. I think the loss is the missed opportunity to give the rookies more reps over the last couple months.

I think you are making that out to be a bigger deal then it is.  These guys got most of the reps in the preseason games and plenty of reps on practice whether it was a 1st team rep or a 2nd team rep.  They got plenty of work.

These kids are learning on the job this year.  A few extra 1st team reps isn't changing anything.  As he said I think they wanted Bless to win the job but he couldn't.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:24 PM, drew39k said:

The complete failure to identify a useful tight end is truly alarming. We are playing a rookie QB. A solid TE can be a tremendous safety valve that can create easy mismatches for a young qb to quickly spot and take advantage of.  Look at how New England went out and grabbed both Henry and Smith. Those two are going to open up a ton of plays for Mac. Defenses wont be able to easily tell if a play will be run or pass and the te's will be able to help with blitz pickups. 

We've already tried to ignore te plan for the past few years. It certainly helped us ruin Darnold. We need to get a guy like Ertz in here ASAP.

A great slot like Moore can do the same.  Kroft is serviceable enough.  

23 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

RB: Coleman, Carter and Johnson. All 3 had good camps from what we heard. I think Carter gets the most touches if he knows the system. But if he doesn't quite have it yet... Coleman will out touch him. I think Johnson will get some looks as well.

WR: Who's is starting besides Davis. Crowder is the vet and so is Cole. Do they get most the snaps bc they're vets. Or did Moore beat out these guys. We didn't get any preseason game action from Moore, but he's healthy now. And how does Mims fit in all this. Is he barely going to get any action. Or is he gonna get his as well.

At RB I think Johnson will rotate with Coleman more so than Carter. I think LaFleur is more comfortable with Ty than Carter at the moment. I think Ty had a better preseason than Carter but it was close.

Wr will be interesting. Cole can play the slot as well as the Z. So can Moore. I think you will see a heavy rotation of Moore and Cole manning those two spots interchangeably. Mims will be sprinkled in as well. 

4 hours ago, xrade said:

At RB I think Johnson will rotate with Coleman more so than Carter. I think LaFleur is more comfortable with Ty than Carter at the moment. I think Ty had a better preseason than Carter but it was close.

Wr will be interesting. Cole can play the slot as well as the Z. So can Moore. I think you will see a heavy rotation of Moore and Cole manning those two spots interchangeably. Mims will be sprinkled in as well. 

I disagree. For me the telling of this is when the didn’t suit up Carter and Coleman the last game and did Ty. I think that means he will get the 3rd most touches. Nothing wrong with it. I just think that’s the order 

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree. For me the telling of this is when the didn’t suit up Carter and Coleman the last game and did Ty. I think that means he will get the 3rd most touches. Nothing wrong with it. I just think that’s the order 

Potato Patahtoe. Regardless of who starts and gets the most touches, they all have similar traits and should get the job done. I am higher on Ty than most because all he has ever done is , you know, produce. 

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

Potato Patahtoe. Regardless of who starts and gets the most touches, they all have similar traits and should get the job done. I am higher on Ty than most because all he has ever done is , you know, produce. 

I am a huge Michael Carter homer now but I think Ty was 1a and Carter 1b with how they looked this preseason.  Ty deserves to play.  In fact, I bet he will destroy his prop bet for O/U on the season.

No game day thread yet?  It's back boys football week is here.  Looking forward to what should be a pretty evenly matched game. 

Need our run game and DL to dominate to have a chance because if Sam gets time those WRs could eat up our young secondary.  If we use our superior OL vs their run defense correctly things should be easier on Wilson.  Can't let Reddick and Burns pin their ears back need to let our tackles do what they do best and maul these undersized ends.  I think we find a way to escape with a win if do those things.  Can't wait.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No game day thread yet?  It's back boys football week is here.  Looking forward to what should be a pretty evenly matched game. 

Need our run game and DL to dominate to have a chance because if Sam gets time those WRs could eat up our young secondary.  If we use our superior OL vs their run defense correctly things should be easier on Wilson.  Can't let Reddick and Burns pin their ears back need to let our tackles do what they do best and maul these undersized ends.  I think we find a way to escape with a win if do those things.  Can't wait.

Let KONY do it.   First game GD has to be incredibly decorated.

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Let KONY do it.   First game GD has to be incredibly decorated.

As assistant GM to KONY, I will endeavor such a task if our GM is unavailable to fulfill his duty in a reasonable timeframe.