NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

It’s very obvious a lot of people on here just don’t know much about Graham. 

just some very poor asset management and overall a disastrous start to the Zion era for Griffin. but with JV and Graham perhaps they can put a better team on the floor this year. i don't understand why they would move on from lonzo, but, shrug 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

They’re the same caliber of player. Lonzo has more “upside”. I wanted to keep Lonzo but Graham is basically the same guy but probably won’t get a whole lot better than he is now. 

they are very different players. lonzo has starter on good team upside. he could be an elite complimentary piece. graham is a starter on a bad/mid team or a bench player. but definitely a nice shooter

Just now, champ11 said:

just some very poor asset management and overall a disastrous start to the Zion era for Griffin. but with JV and Graham perhaps they can put a better team on the floor this year. i don't understand why they would move on from lonzo, but, shrug 

He clearly didn’t want to be here. Why would you match a deal on a guy who’s ready to move on? They did that with Eric Gordon, howd that turn out? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

He clearly didn’t want to be here. Why would you match a deal on a guy who’s ready to move on? They did that with Eric Gordon, howd that turn out? 

it's unfortunate that bad organizations stay bad, I don't want that for NO 

Just now, champ11 said:

i've seen them both play, but good to see this twice

So what’s the big difference? Graham ranked 6th in defensive RPM. The biggest difference is name value. What makes Lonzo worlds better than Graham? I’ll concede he has more upside because of his length and athleticism. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

it's unfortunate that bad organizations stay bad, I don't want that for NO 

That didn’t answer the question. He didn’t want to be here. Why match it and have an unhappy guy in a young locker room? You’re smart enough to know how stupid that would be. 

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

they are very different players. lonzo has starter on good team upside. he could be an elite complimentary piece. graham is a starter on a bad/mid team or a bench player. but definitely a nice shooter

Graham is great at simply running an offense and a good locker room dude.  It’s not outrageous to say that’s a very valuable trait in a PG.  He’ll operate selflessly within the offense, is a great distributor and isn’t a ball stopper.   Going to be a positive BPM contributor every season.    He had a ROUGH shooting start to last season and that skewed his final stats, but man will space the floor for NO.   

Not trying to make him out to be a superstar …. or star…. but he’ll be a positive for NO at a very reasonable $

• Like 2

Lonzo ain't even a great finisher, but he was 60.8% (last year) and 62.6% (this year) inside 0-3 feet.

Devonte' Graham was 54.3% (last year) and 44% (this year)

Do y'all realize how terrible that is? lol

This is laughably bad.

But, hey he can catch & shoot from 3.