OT: Bears forum fantasy football league

CBears019

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Ha I had such an insane week this week and last I haven't even looked at it until now.   I didn't set a lineup or anything for last two weeks.  

Had mold take hold in basement and costing me a fortune to fix it.   Plus I had to carry everything out of basement in a lot of heat which was a job and a half.

A ton of drama at work is going on as well with some work changes that are freaking people out.   On top of that I am dealing with ton of client drama due to people not being ready to move due to catching covid and causing chain reactions making people homeless.   Then I had a health scare with my wife on top of it (cancer - but she doesn't have it - yay).

Damn. First I'm glad your wife is clean and clear. That's a scary waiting period to get the news.

As far as mold, I've had a number of jobs that we had to replace molded drywall, studs, etc and seal it up right. Those were some of the least enjoyable jobs to do, always a dirty job and you always find more than you anticipated.

• Like 1

So... I'm not convinced that DLL is actually not in league with my actual wife, as despite having the second lowest points total (ahead of only Shane fer Pete's sake) he/they are tied for first... that kind of unlikely BS Is just what I'd expect.  You're on my radar. 

Also tied for first are me, and naturally Managerless Team still leads, despite notching a loss, which was probably the kind of loss it takes where it astonishingly reforms around the hole a grenade blew in it's chest cavity. Any advice on which Terminator movies we should be watching to deal with this thing? The first one was awesome, the second remains one of the most groundbreaking movies of all time, and I think there are like 3-6 more, so any robot-apocalypse advice appreciated. Please advise.

Meanwhile, someone who I can only assume is a huge Matt Nagy fan because of their allusions to heat, and sex, defeated Shane, because despite some great projections he's the spiritual Detriot Lions of this league. 

Bigbear should rename as Sarah Connor, due to the above shellacking of the AI

Epyon beat my neighbor pretty soundly, and I literally haven't heard from him since.  My kids were asking why said Neighbor wasn't blowing up my phone as the Bears were winning, and I told them it was probably him having a bad time in fantasy football, and they started asking questions about it having wizards and dragons and ****, so we are not doing a very good job with their education.  We sometimes like to throw the ball around (not profesionally like the Shanes) and later they were no joke casting spells while trying to evade my vicious pass rush. 

Lastly,  the distubing syndicate defeated Kmet the Frog, which is a real shame as it has an adorable amphibian avatar, that still looks pretty chipper despite doing ****ty. 

I'd do a preview of this coming week, but mostly I'm trying to figure out how to avoid beating my neighbor and him throwing a log through my window. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

So... I'm not convinced that DLL is actually not in league with my actual wife, as despite having the second lowest points total (ahead of only Shane fer Pete's sake) he/they are tied for first... that kind of unlikely BS Is just what I'd expect.  You're on my radar. 

Also tied for first are me, and naturally Managerless Team still leads, despite notching a loss, which was probably the kind of loss it takes where it astonishingly reforms around the hole a grenade blew in it's chest cavity. Any advice on which Terminator movies we should be watching to deal with this thing? The first one was awesome, the second remains one of the most groundbreaking movies of all time, and I think there are like 3-6 more, so any robot-apocalypse advice appreciated. Please advise.

Meanwhile, someone who I can only assume is a huge Matt Nagy fan because of their allusions to heat, and sex, defeated Shane, because despite some great projections he's the spiritual Detriot Lions of this league. 

Bigbear should rename as Sarah Connor, due to the above shellacking of the AI

Epyon beat my neighbor pretty soundly, and I literally haven't heard from him since.  My kids were asking why said Neighbor wasn't blowing up my phone as the Bears were winning, and I told them it was probably him having a bad time in fantasy football, and they started asking questions about it having wizards and dragons and ****, so we are not doing a very good job with their education.  We sometimes like to throw the ball around (not profesionally like the Shanes) and later they were no joke casting spells while trying to evade my vicious pass rush. 

Lastly,  the distubing syndicate defeated Kmet the Frog, which is a real shame as it has an adorable amphibian avatar, that still looks pretty chipper despite doing ****ty. 

I'd do a preview of this coming week, but mostly I'm trying to figure out how to avoid beating my neighbor and him throwing a log through my window. 

I think all the Terminator movies past the first one are bad and after the 2nd one are terrible.   People really like the 2nd one, but I thought the whole magic metal thing would make the character too OP to be believable.    The first one felt a lot more real and gritty.

I agree the CGI was really cool for its day.

I haven't looked at my team really since 2nd week.  Been crazy busy.    I'll take a gander sometime later today after some work meetings.

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Epyon beat my neighbor pretty soundly, and I literally haven't heard from him since.  My kids were asking why said Neighbor wasn't blowing up my phone as the Bears were winning, and I told them it was probably him having a bad time in fantasy football,

Epyon was getting big points off Mooney's breakout game, and Tyreek Hill alone got me 42 points

My two running backs where still anemic, but yeah, if they'd do normal rb things I could have cleared 200 points this week since every one else flashed at our way above expected.. Makes up for last week when I barely cleared 100. 

5 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Who the **** is Pete?! Sounds like a total bish. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Who the **** is Pete?! Sounds like a total bish. 

He's probably beating you despite not drafting a team.  Real question is what the **** is wrong with DLL? T2 is amazing even if you ignore the visual effects.  It's a whole basket of themes and questions played out with one of the best paced action movies of all time. I actually prefer the first one for it's weirdness and being such a cool scifi idea brought to screen but T2 is up there with Empire for popular movies that are actually really well done.  We need to hack your dvr so every game you record is actually Judgement Day. 

14 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

He's probably beating you despite not drafting a team.  Real question is what the **** is wrong with DLL? T2 is amazing even if you ignore the visual effects.  It's a whole basket of themes and questions played out with one of the best paced action movies of all time. I actually prefer the first one for it's weirdness and being such a cool scifi idea brought to screen but T2 is up there with Empire for popular movies that are actually really well done.  We need to hack your dvr so every game you record is actually Judgement Day. 

I liked Aliens better than Alien if that makes you feel better.

I thought Terminator was a near perfect movie and didn't need a sequel.   Way inappropriate, but I saw it as a young boy with a friend at movie theatre and we loved it.

Picture two 11 year olds running around everywhere saying "F U A hole" and "I'll be back" in Arnold Schwarzenegger voice for about 3 months. 

That was us.

I used to try to get my kids to watch 80s movies with me until I realized on rewatching them almost all of them are really inappropriate and I was raised kind of jacked up LOL.

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

The first one felt a lot more real and gritty.

Part of the reason for this (and why they flimed at night) is they couldn't actually afford filming permits for much of T1, and where literally just rolling up to a place and trying to speed through filming before any police showed up.  #weirdmovietrivia

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I liked Aliens better than Alien if that makes you feel better.

I thought Terminator was a near perfect movie and didn't need a sequel.   Way inappropriate, but I saw it as a young boy with a friend at movie theatre and we loved it.

Picture two 11 year olds running around everywhere saying "F U A hole" and "I'll be back" in Arnold Schwarzenegger voice for about 3 months. 

That was us.

I used to try to get my kids to watch 80s movies with me until I realized on rewatching them almost all of them are really inappropriate and I was raised kind of jacked up LOL.

You describe my childhood. Somehow had an 18 plus card for the video store, used it well. Set up a (working!) Falling Rock trap from predator, luckily didn't kill or even hurt my mom. Aliens is better. I swear talking to you it's like flipping a coin between "that's the rightest thing anyone's ever said" and"holy cow man, no"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

You describe my childhood. Somehow had an 18 plus card for the video store, used it well. Set up a (working!) Falling Rock trap from predator, luckily didn't kill or even hurt my mom. Aliens is better. I swear talking to you it's like flipping a coin between "that's the rightest thing anyone's ever said" and"holy cow man, no"

LOL we all measure genius against our own opinions I guess.