Should We Trade Pryor before the Deadline?

MKnight82

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Cleveland didn't want to pay him this offseason, now they're going to give up something in a trade for him and then have to pay him when the seasons over?

Desperation makes the heart grow fonder. 

Also, since Washington would be eating the signing bonus and the first seven or eight game checks, Cleveland would only be paying him 1.5-1.8 million. 

Just now, Crickett said:

Also, since Washington would be eating the signing bonus and the first seven or eight game checks, Cleveland would only be paying him 1.5-1.8 million. 

But for what? Their season is over already. They didn't like him enough to pay him last year, and with how bad he's been this year I think they made the right call.

Signing Kenny Britt? Probably the wrong call, but that doesn't mean they want Pryor back.

2 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Ya but he's only on a 1-year deal, and the Browns are intentionally tanking.  So it doesn't really make sense for them to acquire him.  They could just sign him in the offseason.  

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Cleveland didn't want to pay him this offseason, now they're going to give up something in a trade for him and then have to pay him when the seasons over?

Cleveland offered Pryor a long term

deal. Pryor throught he should make

more.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because of his 1-year deal I would think it would have to go to a team that thinks its in contention this year.  

Patriots

Chiefs

Steelers

Rams

Seahawks

Panthers

Those probably make the most sense.  

Only the Chiefs would need him from that group. Unless Bryant is truly gone from Pitt by next March.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Pats lost Edelman for the year and don't really have a #1.  

There is no way Belicheck is going to trade for Pryor before the trade deadline. Edelman will be back next year and Chris Hogan does what Pryor does only better.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There is no way Belicheck is going to trade for Pryor before the trade deadline. Edelman will be back next year and Chris Hogan does what Pryor does only better.

Pryor is on a one year deal and Belicheck has a history of taking players who have performed poorly elsewhere and making them look great. I think the Pats are the obvious option for a trade this season. That said, what is his trade value? I can't see you guys getting anything better than a 5th round pick at best, more likely just a 6th or 7th.

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Pryor is on a one year deal and Belicheck has a history of taking players who have performed poorly elsewhere and making them look great. I think the Pats are the obvious option for a trade this season. That said, what is his trade value? I can't see you guys getting anything better than a 5th round pick at best, more likely just a 6th or 7th.

Not for trade, he’ll pick them up in free agency. If we cut Pryor then Belicheck would sign him for sure.

Pryor doesn’t have much of a trade value. I agree with those who see Bryant on his way out in Pitt and to see if we could swap them but I think we’d have to throw in a conditional pick. Like if Bryant caught so many passes or if we made the playoffs we’d owe them a mid round pick.

Currently though, Pitt is saying they aren’t trading Bryant so until that’s an option then I think this is a moot subject.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think there's zero chance he comes back next year after we just benched him.  Problem is he's likely not to get a big contract from anyone, so getting a comp pick probably won't happen.

The alternative is you get what this season? I don't mind getting feelers, I just don't see it going anywhere.

Honestly? I don't think you guys would get anything in return worth your while for trading him. He's likely worth more to you than he is to others. It's not that big of a deal he's on a one year contract so you move on from him after this season. Also keeping in mind his relatively large salary on the one year deal, that alone is somewhat deterring, then you couple that with his inability to produce with a QB like Kirk throwing the ball?

Archived