Should We Trade Pryor before the Deadline?

MKnight82

Turtle, he is not a WR. Hes neen working at it for a few years. He has superior physical tools. But he just doesn't get it. Our offense is different from CLE offense. His stemming of routes suck. He loafs on tons of plays. He is afraid of going across the middle. And he has hands of granite.

He's made people wistfully wish Ryan Grant was on the field.

On 11/15/2017 at 4:54 AM, turtle28 said:

He can play, Gruden just isn’t putting him in a position to succeed.

If Gruden cannot use him properly, then they should have traded him.

On 11/15/2017 at 4:54 AM, turtle28 said:

They’re not using him in the ways that Cle used him last year. I have no idea why? That’s what the waste is.

So, the right decision was to double down on wasting him by both not trading him and playing him even less?

40 minutes ago, SeattleSkin said:

Pryor seems to let a lot of balls come into his body and try to corral the ball versus using his hands, possibly because he doesn't have faith in catching with his hands. In any case, catching with the body is a bad habit. Extend the arms, use your hands.

It's almost like he doesn't have years of experience at the position, and, as a result, lacks certain fundamental skills associated with it.

54 minutes ago, SeattleSkin said:

Pryor seems to let a lot of balls come into his body and try to corral the ball versus using his hands, possibly because he doesn't have faith in catching with his hands. In any case, catching with the body is a bad habit. Extend the arms, use your hands.

Yea but either way when your 6'5 running a 4.3 you need the ball

more 

we refuse to throw to him and i feel as if he is strongly being held back .

52 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Yea but either way when your 6'5 running a 4.3 you need the ball

more 

we refuse to throw to him and i feel as if he is strongly being held back .

Agreed Dashing. The truth is we aren’t using him properly. Get him the ball on quick routes, not long developing routes where he has to run a precise route to get open like Djax used to. Throw go routes and seam routes to him like they did vs Kansas City and he scored on a long ball over one of the best CBs in the nfl, Marcus Peters. Use him on some jet sweeps and some wild cat and read option formations as a QB where he can be a dual threat. 

Gruden is really grinding my gears because he’s not being creative at all with Pryor’s versatility which is the opposite of what Hue Jackson did with him in Oakland and Cleveland which is extremely disappointing. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed Dashing. The truth is we aren’t using him properly. Get him the ball on quick routes, not long developing routes where he has to run a precise route to get open like Djax used to. Throw go routes and seam routes to him like they did vs Kansas City and he scored on a long ball over one of the best CBs in the nfl, Marcus Peters. Use him on some jet sweeps and some wild cat and read option formations as a QB where he can be a dual threat. 

Gruden is really grinding my gears because he’s not being creative at all with Pryor’s versatility which is the opposite of what Hue Jackson did with him in Oakland and Cleveland which is extremely disappointing. 

It could be Kirk cousins dude like let's be honest I doubt gruden would randomly be a bad play caller .

On 11/15/2017 at 1:49 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Turtle, he is not a WR. Hes neen working at it for a few years. He has superior physical tools. But he just doesn't get it. Our offense is different from CLE offense. His stemming of routes suck. He loafs on tons of plays. He is afraid of going across the middle. And he has hands of granite.

He's made people wistfully wish Ryan Grant was on the field.

Well this is my point, if he can’t do those things because he hasn’t been playing wr since college or since he came into the league as a rookie 6 years ago, don’t make him try to do them because it’s counter productive to your offense.

Use how Cle used him and how he can be successful. Gruden needs to quit being stubborn on this and find a way to get the ball in a freak athletes hands who is 6’4, 220 and runs a 4.4 forty. Get it to him quick and let him make plays on yac, use him on zone read and wildcat where he can be a dual threat, use him in screens and jet sweeps and the occasional deep shot like vs KC.

As for Grant the reason people have wanted to see him more is because he’s exactly who I’ve didn’t he was since 2015. He’s a reliable route runner and a reliable possession wr that could be a poor man’s Garçon’s if given the chance to start and the targets.

20 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

It could be Kirk cousins dude like let's be honest I doubt gruden would randomly be a bad play caller .

It’s not the play calling, it’s the routes they’re asking Pryor to run he can’t run at a good level. Gruden expected him to be Djax as a route runner and that’s was an unattainable expectation given that Djax has been playing wr at an elite level since HS and is one of the best deep route runners in the nfl and Pryor is only in his 2nd year playing wr.

My guess is Pryor goes back to Cle next year on a cheap prove it deal and he, Gordon and Coleman are the Browns 3 wr targets with Njoku at TE and Duke Johnson as a receiving rb for Darnold or Rosen as their rookie qb. That would be a killer set of receiving weapons for whoever the Browns qb is next year if they all stay heathy and Gordon keeps his nose clean.

Archived