Lamar Jackson and Gus Edwards test positive for COVID

kingseanjohn

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It would "make me think" if I felt that I could trust the numbers being reported by VAERS.  Unfortunately, I, and millions of other people, do not.  I also don't trust whoever is telling you that the death rate from Covid is 2%.  The number I've heard is that the survival rate is higher than 99.998% 

always very funny when someone doesn't trust a state entity, which can be a reasonable misgiving, but then decides that information from like epictruenews dot com or whatever is the more reliable source.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Ahh, yes. I too would think there was discrepancies if I got my news from people who don’t know where to place a decimal point in a percentage.

So condescending.  What's the point of even discussing it?  SMH. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

always very funny when someone doesn't trust a state entity, which can be a reasonable misgiving, but then decides that information from like epictruenews dot com or whatever is the more reliable source.

Thank you for lobbing that softball my way.  Unfortunately, we can't go there on this site, so I'll refrain from knocking it out of the park.

• Like 1

On a more obviously football related level, does anyone know if anyone on their team is currently out sick with Covid-19 or the Delta variant?  I'm not talking about being out because of a positive test result.  I'm talking about actually being sick and unable to perform on the field.  Keeping track of this might be something everybody would be interested in.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Not condescending. Your 99.998% literally came about because people don’t know how to use a decimal place. 

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Thank you for lobbing that softball my way.  Unfortunately, we can't go there on this site, so I'll refrain from knocking it out of the park.

did you happen to read the words that immediately followed the phrase you highlighted, or did your brain short circuit so quickly at "trust a state entity" that you forgot?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we've unfortunately gotten to the point where I don't know if this is actually an alt right "news source" or if its blatantly made up

I refuse to look it up and find out

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

On a more obviously football related level, does anyone know if anyone on their team is currently out sick with Covid-19 or the Delta variant?  I'm not talking about being out because of a positive test result.  I'm talking about actually being sick and unable to perform on the field.  Keeping track of this might be something everybody would be interested in. 

Being in Minnesota, I still hear some of the news about the Vikings, but haven't heard about any specific players who are sick.  Unfortunately, I don't get much decent Jaguars news up here.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

There is no point. You're taking a single example, which statistics have proven occur no more likely than any OTC medications or previous vaccines, and using it to base your opinion off of. By that logic, you must be against players taking medications for their injuries as well. 

Hopefully Lamar/Gus are fine and decide to get the jab after they heal up. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Question for Ravens fans:

How is the contract extension progressing? Does this effect it in anyway in your opinion?

I'm so on edge with what we do with Josh. It sort of feels like all 3 QBs/organizations are sort of playing chicken with one another

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I'm so on edge with what we do with Josh. It sort of feels like all 3 QBs/organizations are sort of playing chicken with one another

I know Allen has said he wants it structured so that it helps the Bills with free agents and other extensions. But I imagine he also wants to be Paid more than Lamar and Baker which could be part of the hold up. Neither sides seems too concerned.