Lamar Jackson and Gus Edwards test positive for COVID

kingseanjohn

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean everyone keeps implying Jackson is not vaccinated, but is that a fact? He could have been vaccinated and still tested positive. If so, terrible luck, especially after already testing positive last season...Now if he is not vaccinated and tested positive for the second time? Then he's just making his bed at this point. 

Definitely hope he doesn't have any lingering symptoms. One of the baddest in the game. 

It was reported that he’s unvaccinated. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

It was reported that he’s unvaccinated. 

Ah, got it. Yeah, I'm sorry but then at this point he has no one to blame and he put himself in this position. It is one thing if he was vaccinated and just got terrible luck testing positive as Chris Paul did a month ago, but for him to unvaccinated after already having Covid that led to some bad symptoms? Hard to have sympathy for someone like that. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Ravens fans can downplay this all they want but for a guy who is trying to A: Improve as a passer and B: Develop chemistry with his receivers, this puts the team severely behind the 8 ball and they will be practicing from behind all camp.

I don't think I've actually been seeing that here though? The Ravens fans that have posted here are upset at Lamar or just hope he doesn't have lingering symptoms. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

On a more obviously football related level, does anyone know if anyone on their team is currently out sick with Covid-19 or the Delta variant?  I'm not talking about being out because of a positive test result.  I'm talking about actually being sick and unable to perform on the field.  Keeping track of this might be something everybody would be interested in.

Remember when Ryquell Armstead was going to be the Jaguars RB this season before James Robinson took over?
He was hospitalized twice with COVID. His breathing still wasn't great and was cut by the Giants this year already after being waived for it this offseason. He was out with COVID in early September 2020 as his second bout with COVID. He was hospitalized in October for it as well. He's 24 and a professional running back.

Last year the Broncos defensive coordinator was hospitalized for 5 days with COVID and missed 6 games recovering.

Bills TE Tommy Sweeney got Covid and it lead to an inflammed heart and he missed the rest of the year. He had Covid late October, the heart inflammation happened at the end of November, shut him down the rest of the year.  He's 26 and a professional TE.

Jamain Stephens, son of Steelers player with the same name and a div 2 NCAA athlete, died of COVID and a related heart complication.

The heart inflammation Tommy Sweeney had? Ohio State University did a study on their athletes that had Covid,  ( https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/mediaroom/pressreleaselisting/myocarditis-after-covid-study ) and (I gotta go to the dentist and am running out of time I'm going to roughly call it ~10%) had signs of myocarditis (heart imflamation) or scarring on the heart -- even "asymptomatic" ones.

VaCcInEs ArEnt NeEdEd!112347!!1233!9

But yeah, players that do this deserve to forfeit games. The NFL is right to lay down the law for unvaccinated players/coaches as are teams. It's not about "my body, my choice" or changing anyone's opinion, it's about public and personal safety. Like @MSURacerDT55said, it also sets back other players during training camp, hurting chemistry from days missed.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 2

I wish he wouldn't have gotten sick BUT

If he MUST get sick, I wish it would have been in-season such that his idiocy would be on fuller display. That way the educated world could laugh at him when he said he didn't get the vaccine because he has a "friend" in "healthcare" that said they once saw someone with a fever from the vaccine and therefore vaccines are bad.