Lamar Jackson and Gus Edwards test positive for COVID

kingseanjohn

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think I've actually been seeing that here though? The Ravens fans that have posted here are upset at Lamar or just hope he doesn't have lingering symptoms. 

That’s because no one has said that, haha, Browns fans are just weirdly obsessed with posting negative stuff about Lamar in every thread they can. Can’t stop talking trash about a guy they’re 1-4 against. One of them was giving heart eye emojis on the first page lmao cornballs

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Question for Ravens fans:

How is the contract extension progressing? Does this effect it in anyway in your opinion?

I skipped 3 pages so forgive me if this was answered - but:

1. It's going to happen soon. Nobody is worried it's not. It's likely taking longer because Lamar has no agent.

2. This doesn't change anything

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Gonna learn a lot of QB's in the NFL, I would venture to say an overwhelming majority, aren't uh.

The brightest bulbs in the box.

Over the coming few weeks here.

Considering every team has some to many unvaccinated players, I have to imagine a lot of the QBs are in that group. You have to very secure in your roster spot or be very ...er... committed to being antivax.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

1. It's going to happen soon. Nobody is worried it's not. It's likely taking longer because Lamar has no agent.

2. This doesn't change anything

I agree on #2

But do you think #1 is a "no agent" thing, or do you think its "I don't want to sign until I know how the other QBs are setting the market for the 2018 draft class"?

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There's probably also a holding pattern between Allen and Lamar to sign first and the other to make a demand for +x.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

That’s because no one has said that, haha, Browns fans are just weirdly obsessed with posting negative stuff about Lamar in every thread they can. Can’t stop talking trash about a guy they’re 1-4 against. One of them was giving heart eye emojis on the first page lmao cornballs

Yeah, even in general I haven't seen any of that going on....Ravens fans are rightfully ticked at Lamar as they should. A man that has tested positive for Covid already is still unvaccinated? Stupid.

6 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I agree on #2

But do you think #1 is a "no agent" thing, or do you think its "I don't want to sign until I know how the other QBs are setting the market for the 2018 draft class"?

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

There's probably also a holding pattern between Allen and Lamar to sign first and the other to make a demand for +x.

Maybe? I feel like Lamar has more leverage to go at it first because he has the MVP behind his name, whereas Allen does not and really only has one good season in the NFL to his name. I'm sure Lamar has a lot of people advising him to wait until Josh Allen signs, though. Or even Baker, because we all know there's no way the Browns will let Baker walk.

2 hours ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Thing is though, that QBS are worth that much. The top tier QBS are easily worth 20% of a team's overall production.

If anything it is paying guys like Deandre Hopkins $25 million a year (when he probably helps you win about 1 game) which teams should stop doing.

This. The Chiefs have a much bigger issue in the form of Frank Clark's contract than they ever will with Patrick Mahomes's. Mahomes will easily be worth 20% of the team's wins for the remainder of his career. It's missing on guys like Clark making 10% of the cap or Hitchens making 5% of the cap who don't make that big of an impact  that actually restrict us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

☺️🥰😍 

Let's leave corn out of this.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This. The Chiefs have a much bigger issue in the form of Frank Clark's contract than they ever will with Patrick Mahomes's. Mahomes will easily be worth 20% of the team's wins for the remainder of his career. It's missing on guys like Clark making 10% of the cap or Hitchens making 5% of the cap who don't make that big of an impact  that actually restrict us.

It's easy to say "give the QB more and you can make up for it in other positions", but you don't know Frank Clark's contract sucks when you made it

You're just going to have a ton less wiggle room if you give more to the QB. You're going to have to rely on starter-worthy rookie contracts. You're going to have to rely on $8-10M free agents signing with you for $4-5M because they want the ring

Maybe all those things can happen, but you lose so much margin for error when it comes to the other 21 positions on the field

30 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Mighty sensitive are we?....if you are so successful against us, why are you even concerned what Browns fans are thinking? 🤔

Unless you know what's coming down the pipe

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

Just now, Tk3 said:

It's easy to say "give the QB more and you can make up for it in other positions", but you don't know Frank Clark's contract sucks when you made it

You're just going to have a ton less wiggle room if you give more to the QB. You're going to have to rely on starter-worthy rookie contracts. You're going to have to rely on $8-10M free agents signing with you for $4-5M because they want the ring

Maybe all those things can happen, but you lose so much margin for error when it comes to the other 21 positions on the field

What's the alternative? Because there's no way you're going to get the value of a guy like Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, etc., by spending $35M - $45M on free agents or other players on the roster. Yes, in a literal sense, you have less money to spend on other players. But every player you give money to gives you less money to spend on other positions. The Rams giving Aaron Donald $22M means they have less money to spend on other positions than if they did not give Aaron Donald $22M. But that's a pointless, meaningless, obvious statement. The only way to avoid that is to not spend money, which is not a winning strategy. The whole argument of they spent money on X so they have less money for not X provides no analysis. The real question should be if the value of said player matches the cost of said player. That's all that matters. For elite QBs, it does. You're not better off paying Derek Carr $25M and having $15M to spend in free agency than you would be spending $40M on Josh Allen, if you're Buffalo. You don't have better odds of a superbowl spending $5M on a rookie QB and having $40M to spend in free agency, than by paying Patrick Mahomes, if you're the Chiefs. So it is not harder to build a roster because you pay a QB. Because you have a QB. I would rather have to build a roster with $160M and a franchise QB, than build a roster from scratch with $200M. There is not less margin for error because you've already succeeded at one of the hardest things to not screw up.

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Mighty sensitive are we?....if you are so successful against us, why are you even concerned what Browns fans are thinking? 🤔

Unless you know what's coming down the pipe

I’m not concerned what you’re thinking. I’m pointing out how annoying your fan base is on here in every single Ravens related thread

And that’s cool, keep talking in the offseason like every year...i’ll talk during the regular season when the games are actually played like every year. But for some reason when the talk happens after the actual games mods warn and ban me. Prob cause cleveland fans get the benefit of the doubt for having to endure one of the worst teams in pro sports the last 25 years.

Talk now and make your excuses once you lose to us (most likely twice) like almost every year. Can’t wait

• Like 1