Bills may consider a move to Austin TX

kingseanjohn

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Everything is chain places, made it illegal to be homeless, rents went up 3x, Dirty 6th boring and all the good shops and bars closed.

Sucks now.

Only tourists go to 6th. And as a tourist, I avoid it any time I'm in Austin. I'm a fan of Rainey St personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Everything is chain places, made it illegal to be homeless, rents went up 3x, Dirty 6th boring and all the good shops and bars closed.

Sucks now.

6th street? Really? 

What year is it, 1998? 

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

6th street? Really? 

What year is it, 1998? 

Yes that's my point, it's not fun anymore, 6th, South Congress, South Lamar is all tech dorks now. Gentrified to hell and back, it's just another tech boy city with a big college now, lacks the fun that it used to have with the punk scene and the underground.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

6th street? Really? 

What year is it, 1998? 

6th is still crazy popular. Covid has put a dent in it, obviously. 

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yes that's my point, it's not fun anymore, 6th, South Congress, South Lamar is all tech dorks now. Gentrified to hell and back, it's just another tech boy city with a big college now, lacks the fun that it used to have with the punk scene and the underground.

Are you from here or something?

On 8/1/2021 at 11:27 PM, ET80 said:

Austin? Over San Antonio? 

I get the old thoughts on Buffalo heading across the board to Toronto, but this is out of left field. Texas would be a good landing spot and Austin would probably get the attention of a lot of people outside of Dallas and Houston areas (probably get a few folks IN Houston too, but I digress).

Hmm, I'd be interested to see how this plays out.

Was gonna bring up the same thing. They've been considering moving to Canada for the last 20 years too.

Name them the Austin [insert Cowboy stereotype] and you got a football team lol.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Sponsered by Hidden Valley and Churros lol.

Lol I know it's impossible but I would really like to get a pro team in Columbus. Ohio has 2 teams though most Ohioans have gifted Cincinnati to Kentucky. It's  just strange to me how the states capital, which is the largest city in the state and the 14th most populated city in the country doesn't have one of the Big 3 pro teams.

Somehow Cleveland/Cinci wound up with the pro teams and Columbus got stuck with the NHL/MLS/NCAA teams. It will never make sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that they know a NFL team would struggle in a city with Ohio St. Football already in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Lol I know it's impossible but I would really like to get a pro team in Columbus. Ohio has 2 teams though most Ohioans have gifted Cincinnati to Kentucky. It's  just strange to me how the states capital, which is the largest city in the state and the 14th most populated city in the country doesn't have one of the Big 3 pro teams.

Somehow Cleveland/Cinci wound up with the pro teams and Columbus got stuck with the NHL/MLS/NCAA teams. It will never make sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that they know a NFL team would struggle in a city with Ohio St. Football already in it.

Beings that I'm born and raised in NW Ohio (Toledo) I agree with you 100%. At the very least I would add either Toledo or Youngstown to the list. (Biased, yes, I know and not too much Youngstown either--too close to PA)

But both of them are E and NW and we already have too many close by teams to Toledo and a north team(CLE).....so yeah I agree. Or maybe even something more SE towards west virginia.

Cincy only got a team before Columbus because i-75 runs right through it. You know what they say....location, location, location.