GDT: Hall of Fame Game

textaz03

I had to wait to watch the game to comment. I was happy with the D.  Didn't see too much to worry me though I wasn't that happy with the play of Joseph. We had real good coverage on their WR's and TE's with good tackling across the board. As far as the other rookies. Parsons will be huge for our D it looks like. Great  speed that shows up well.  Odighizuwa was real good in the middle and Cox I thought did much better today then last week.  Wright even impressed me though he will need a lot of help over the top if man to man on the edge. But I saw him break and react to the pass very well when targeted. 

Offensively Rush did the best of our QB's.  Denucci was a typical Rook.  That pick six was just a bad throw behind the receiver who was open.  The other pic was one of those where he threw it with out really looking.  And as far as our OL, Steele and Nheske looked like junk again. 

Edited by quiller

It's difficult to stay enthusiastic year in and year out when the overall result has been the same for a quarter of a century.

Still nice to check in and trade comments with you all. You all offer some great insight to the game and some of you are funny as hell.

But I agree with Northland, im just not that into anymore for reasons posted earlier.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 11:22 AM, resilient part 2 said:

I feel the same, and truth is I am not sure why..

For me it's a few things.  As I get older sports in general has less meaning for me.  I'll watch if I'm able but I am no where near as rabid a fan of my teams as I was.  If they win great.  If they don't I don't lose sleep over it.  Emotion is expressed in the moment.  As far as Dallas goes 25 years of mediocrity has tempered any expectations I may have.  I'm tired of every year being the year.  Call me when they have an extended playoff run.

3 hours ago, Northland said:

For me it's a few things.  As I get older sports in general has less meaning for me.  I'll watch if I'm able but I am no where near as rabid a fan of my teams as I was.  If they win great.  If they don't I don't lose sleep over it.  Emotion is expressed in the moment.  As far as Dallas goes 25 years of mediocrity has tempered any expectations I may have.  I'm tired of every year being the year.  Call me when they have an extended playoff run.

agree with all. same for me. but this all held true last few years (older and mediocrity etc.) yet those last few years I was still way more emotionally vested. For some reason I am much less this year. 

I almost feel guilty of not posting since there are quite a few good ones here.

I will come around more when the season starts for sure, but it is taken much longer than usual.

at least 1 poster or 2 that posts on here may have driven a few/many away, but whatever.

Edited by resilient part 2

19 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

agree with all. same for me. but this all held true last few years (older and mediocrity etc.) yet those last few years I was still way more emotionally vested. For some reason I am much less this year. 

I almost feel guilty of not posting since there are quite a few good ones here.

I will come around more when the season starts for sure, but it is taken much longer than usual.

at least 1 poster or 2 that posts on here may have driven a few/many away, but whatever.

I still tune in because I enjoy football and let's face it the NFL is the best league when it comes to marketing and creating hype.  Factor in one game per week, roughly, and the physical nature of the game and it does lead to a more emotional reaction vs other sports.  I check in here but I am reading more posts than contributing them.  

Last year I signed on to a Cowboys fan site through Facebook.  I was my usual self - praise and criticism when warranted.  Given the season the Cowboys endured there was more criticism.  I didn't last long.  I was kicked off the site because it was an extreme homer site and they were offended by my realism like this team is not going to the playoffs.  Too many injuries.  Many members were apoplectic.  Fun while it lasted.

Not a good showing so far from Dallas defense. Jags are playing numerous 1st team guys vs all backups. Wright and Joseph have gotten beaten up.  

It’s entirely too early, but I’ll admit I have concerns about Joseph. 

Edited by WizardHawk