Bears vs Awkward Ocean Mammals - Week One of the 2021 Preseason

Sugashane

12 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

was really hoping he would flash during preseason. haven't heard much from TC. if we go 5 OLB would rather keep him than someone like Vaughters

Same here. I think he offers position versatility and a much higher ceiling 

Nall would make a preseason HOF. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Same here. I think he offers position versatility and a much higher ceiling 

Nall would make a preseason HOF. Lol

They're playin Sam Kamara, UDFA out of Stoney Brook, at OLB apparently. He's ~270 lbs, so are they trying a pernell mcphee strength type olb? idk if i would rather that or have him bulk up a little and use him as a knifing DE that tries to use his potential quickness as an advantage

Just now, HuskieBear said:

They're playin Sam Kamara, UDFA out of Stoney Brook, at OLB apparently. He's ~270 lbs, so are they trying a pernell mcphee strength type olb? idk if i would rather that or have him bulk up a little and use him as a knifing DE that tries to use his potential quickness as an advantage

I don't think he fits on the DL unless he gets to go OLB in base and then go to the DL in nickel. He didn't seem to have the burst Nichols has so IDK (might be better out of a 3 point?). Then again this would have been a better role for Bullard too IMO but they wanted to try and make him a two-gapper. We'll see how they try to utilize him. Maybe they are just trying to get him time on the field and then if they think he might be something, then they can stash him on the PS and do what you're talking about. DL seems harder to find a role now than OLB IMO.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Snowden!!

I know that the "something that just can't be coached" line is a cliche...but that quick twitch that Snowden has is awesome. I was high on him, but came away from the game even more impressed than I thought I'd be. Snowden could end up being special. 

46 minutes ago, Pool said:

I'm really excited about Herbert. Loved that pick.

I liked the pick, too. Nothing I saw today changed my mind on that. He could end up as RB#2, with Cohen being more of a gadget player (as he should be). 

30 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

OL deserves credit. They did better than I would have guessed.

Leno and Massie were bad last year. Ain't hard to upgrade from bad...

21 hours ago, Sugashane said:

me-talladega.gif

I want to hear the Vaughn story!

SJP is hideous. My buddy thought she was the most gorgeous woman and I've never gotten it. From the right angle she looks less disgusting but that's it. Bleh. 

I wasn't going to say it, but as long as you brought it up, I have to agree - SJP is one BUTT UGLY woman! 

On a far more pleasant note, it's nice to hear that Mila Kunis is a Bears fan.  :)

• Like 2

A few takeaways from today:

I still can’t believe we have Justin Fields. He started off a bit shaky but took full command after the half. It was amazing to watch a Bears QB with poise behind center and not get happy feet when things break down. His ball placement  was pretty awesome, even on the incompletions.

Ogletree could be a really nice piece for us. 

I hope Monty is ok, but I liked how Herbert looked out there.

6 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Back around 2005ish I was living on Melrose in lakeview, and my GF and I were talking about the movie we'd seen the night before, it was either Old School or Wedding Crashers, and she'd mentioned something about how she didn't really like Vince Vaughn as he kinda reminded her of one my friends who she didn't like or something.  So I start both defending the friend, and talking about how Vaughn had some really good roles as we rode down the elevator.  She's weirdly dug in on her position here, and the discussion gets oddly heated for something that really didn't matter, until we're practically yelling at each other on our way out the door. As we step outside her eyes go wide and over my shculder as I yell out "well it's not like you ever have to ******* see Vince ******* Vaughn so ******* give it a rest!"

Naturally, Vince Vaughn is like 5 feet away looking confused and a little hurt, as a fairly large film crew is cracking up while they're trying to film a movie next door.  Sadly this kind of **** has happened every year we (the GF turned wife, not Vince Vaughn) have been together since then, and it's a widely known fact that whenever I make some really obvious and totally non-controversial, never-going-to-be-an-issue statement about something being impossible, the universe immediately makes it happen.  Once lost what was literally a mile and half lead in a race after stating "hey, this is it until the finish, we can relax" Another time I declared the day to be the absolute most perfect day and got **** on by a seagull before the sentence was complete.  That's why I'm being pessimistic about Fields. You're welcome.

LMAO.....poor Vince Vaughn.  LOL

Vince isn't exactly the funniest guy on the planet but he did make a good straight man for Owen Wilson.  😁

• Like 1