Totall Rickall Mafia - Game over; MAFIA WON

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would need to be in for a few hundred thousand hands. That's probably bigger commitment for most. WSOP is valid in NV, but only a few other states, I'm pretty sure (TX not one of them). Not sure if I can play GG poker here yet. 

I can get a pretty good read on ppl prior to “a few hundred thousand hands”

ok back to the gym

1 minute ago, jasonwbantle said:

I can get a pretty good read on ppl prior to “a few hundred thousand hands”

ok back to the gym

It's not about getting a read on them. It's about finding a truer winrate. Especially online. You'll have a tough time finding anyone who thinks anything less than 50K-100K hands has any real meaning. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's not about getting a read on them. It's about finding a truer winrate. Especially online. You'll have a tough time finding anyone who thinks anything less than 50K-100K hands has any real meaning. 

Only sorta true. It’s relative to how much of their actually bank account they are playing with. To some 50 bucks is a ton of money 

Just now, jasonwbantle said:

Only sorta true. It’s relative to how much of their actually bank account they are playing with. To some 50 bucks is a ton of money 

I think I know what you're saying here....but just so I'm certain...I'm guessing that you are saying that people may play differently than their typical style if they are altering their stakes? IE, if they are playing much lower than normal, they may have no problem with "gambling" more? Higher VPIP, bigger bets, etc. Meanwhile a player going above their stakes may play far more tight? I can't deny that. Certainly this would be under the assumption that most, if not all are at least comfortable with the stakes as they are played. 

There are a lot of situations like that. For example, if you're not used to playing with a straddle, cutting your stack in half could certainly alter the way you play. 6 handed plays differently than 9 and heads up. Is there an ante? BB ante? Not common cash game styles but certainly impacts your betting. Etc etc etc. There's also the flaw in getting the sample size needed to feel comfortable with calculating a win rate which is that if you're playing 100K hands, you certainly shouldn't be the same player at the end that you are at the start. 

But still going to be a better indicator than a single night of hands. People finish up, people finish down.