Preseason, Week 3: VIKINGS (0-2) at Chiefs (2-0)

swede700

Game 3

When:  8:00 PM EST August 27th

Where: I'm still calling it Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)

TV/Radio: KMSP, NFLN (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); Replay on NFLN: 8/28 (10:00 AM EST), 9/1 (3:00 PM EST)

Announcers: Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Greg Coleman, Ben Leber

Coverage Map:  N/A

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Chiefs - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None 

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

So no starters in this one? Is this how it works now

I would have to imagine that would be the case, which is why I didn't buy tickets to this game, although I could have gotten them cheap. If it had been either of the 1st 2 games, I would have considered it, but not the 3rd.  

I think this is probably what we'll see from here on out, there will be less and less of the "anointed" starters playing in either the 1st game or the last game, only getting action in the middle one.  It may be that these games will be battles for the bottom of the rosters, which could be good or bad, as the starters may not be as sharp early in the season, but the bottom of the roster players will have more opportunities to make the roster.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I expect to see the starters. Zimmer as alluded to as much. 

I don't.  I think that was just Zim being Zim after a game and think once his head cleared, he'll do the smarter thing.  Like PA had said on the radio, there is no point to doing so if you don't have all your primary starters playing.  If you're throwing Kirk out there with ISM, Osborn and Beebe, what does that do for you?  

44 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't.  I think that was just Zim being Zim after a game and think once his head cleared, he'll do the smarter thing.  Like PA had said on the radio, there is no point to doing so if you don't have all your primary starters playing.  If you're throwing Kirk out there with ISM, Osborn and Beebe, what does that do for you?  

Does it matter who his WRs are in preseason if he is just going to check down to his RB 5 times and call it a night? ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Does it matter who his WRs are in preseason if he is just going to check down to his RB 5 times and call it a night? ;)

Can you imagine what Zim's press conference would be like if he were to do that?  Cousins would probably dump it off to Mattison, who'd get murdered in the open field and then we'd be left with Cook, Abdullah and Ito Smith.  

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Can you imagine what Zim's press conference would be like if he were to do that?  Cousins would probably dump it off to Mattison, who'd get murdered in the open field and then we'd be left with Cook, Abdullah and Ito Smith.  

Probably same as always… talk about how he thought the players or team was ready (but obviously weren’t)…guys need to step up…..guys need to do better……guys need to work on things….

15 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm hoping the starters see some time, they never should've gotten the night off the first game.

I agree about the first game, but that can't be changed now...I don't think they should risk any more injuries to key personnel before the regular season. As we've seen, the depth behind the starters needs all the experience they can get, should the need arise.