Preseason Week 3: Packers at Bills

packfanfb

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

LMAO - I just call em like I see em. A select few - like yourself- get butt hurt about it. I haven't said anything in game that MLF and anyone else hasn't echoed post game. So why would I be mad about being right ?? 

You call them like you like them and to heck with everyone else.  I'm not butt hurt one bit but you sure seem to be whenever somebody looks sideways at you.  What a piece of work.     

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

You call them like you like them and to heck with everyone else.  I'm not butt hurt one bit but you sure seem to be whenever somebody looks sideways at you.  What a piece of work.     

Awwwwww. LOL. Turn that frown upside down.

Edited by cannondale

29 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Wasn't Love touted as having the skill set, but prone to making silly mistakes?....That interception was inexcusable....Throwing off your back foot into heavy coverage....

He was prone to trying to do too much his senior year when he didn't have a lot of talent around him. Kind of the same situation here. He's out there with 2nd and 3rd stringers going against Buffalo's starters. He needs to not force plays like that, but he might be less prone to those type of plays when he has more talent around him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I know we don’t have to until week 2 is over, but I’d be fine with cutting Sternberger now. 

Smart to wait anyways to see if any injuries hit the TE room the first few weeks, but assuming Dafney sticks, it may be tough to see a future for Sternberger on the 53. 

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

My biggest issue with GBs approach in the preseason is if they are looking to see what they have in Love... did we really get any closer?

Like I understand the argument that we won’t know until he is given a full season and time in meaningful games... so I get all of that.

BUT... if we want to get close to seeing what life after Rodgers looks like. Love wouldn’t be operating with Nijman as his starting LT against most of the bills starting defense. Taylor as his number one wr... etc.

Its great reps for young unproven guys verses proven starters. But it feels like Love was setup to not do well. And he would only ever have marginal success at best and maybe he is himself marginal but it’s like a bad test for him. 

It just feels like even giving Love reps... it didn’t really do any good for anyone. In practice at least he will get a rep here and there with the starters.

We know what he looks like in the worst situation. Honestly that's fairly valuable. The object in this case is not to get an A+, but to see where they're at in the class. Like one of those standardized tests (which, admittedly are stupid and detrimental).

39 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I know we don’t have to until week 2 is over, but I’d be fine with cutting Sternberger now. 

Andy Herman mentioned a while back that injuries weren't the only issues Sternberger had - but wouldn't elaborate. I think his TE coach mentioned some things recently. I thought he could be a poor mans Ertz when drafted. Certainly doesn't look like that's gonna happen

Edited by cannondale

Sternberger is frustrating because there’s no reason he shouldn’t be able to make a living off of those little misdirection flat plays that Dafney has really shined in. He’s never going to be a good (or even decent) blocker so the receiving talent he does have should be able to translate to what we’re asking our tight ends to do. He hasn’t been able to run with it. 

Sternberger is done IMHO. I'm sure some TE needy team will give him a shot as a move-TE or Y-TE or whatever, but he was in the doghouse for some reason I can't remember, then Dafney all but replaced him last season, then there was the suspension, and now a limp TC.

No reason to think he'll make the final-53...