CFB Week 1 Game Thread

ramssuperbowl99

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Probably one of the biggest Buckeye fans on here, if PJ Fleck had a better team, he would have beaten us, he had a great game plan.

If he had a better team, game plan might completely change. If Ohio St didn’t have as many threats at WR, they could have just lined up and rammed it down their throats all night but they didn’t. Just saying

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve always felt as though they should designate a generic 15 yard targeting and a malicious targeting with an ejection, because missing an entire 4 quarter period of time due to a bang/bang real time action that you slow down to talk hundredths of a second is a bit extreme in most cases, especially when you shouldn’t be able to expect anyone to alter their angle when an offensive player is lowering their head, diving/adjusting their body for a pass over the middle, etc. 

Totally agree. Best example is Wade vs Clemson 2 yrs ago. That isn’t malicious targeting and he shouldn’t have been thrown out for it. 

should be accidentally “targeting” that the way the bodies moved, the eliciting nature of making the tackle lead to the contact like Lawrence bracing/preparing for a sack and by doing so dropped his helmet that lead to Wade making contact with it and then having malicious targeting where you launch yourself into the head or clearly dropping the crown of your helmet so you can lead with it.

same thing with roughing. If you hit a QB’s head with your hands because you’re trying to disrupt his vision, that should be a personal foul and 15yards and automatic 1st. Should be additional 5yards. roughing should only be when you go low or clearly hit them late

13 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not sure why Howell is considered a top QB in next year's draft. Another example of overrating athletic QBs?

He had a loaded group of talent around him. He's barely 6 ft (yes I know he's listed at 6'1") and his arm isn't overly impressive. A lot of people wanna believe he can be Baker Mayfield but I don't, nor have I ever, really seen it. He's going to fall behind guys like Ridder and Strong in no time due to their physical abilities compared to his.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1