Final Roster

blkwdw13

A few guys released so far who would interest me...

WR Equanimeous St Brown...formally of GB...great size and would add something different to our receiver core...was always a deep threat in GB and only 24 years old.

WR Antonio Gandy-Golden...formally of WFT...again size receiver who is a home town kid and only 23 years old...could be a real fit here behind Robinson on the outside.

CB Tony Brown...always really liked him at Bama...hasn't found his way in the NFL yet but he has upside.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Which corner is reliable?

Outside of Mooney and Robinson, which WR is reliable?

Johnson is a top young corner...yes he can be injury prone but talent is obvious and you can predict injury...

Byrd was highly productive in NE and Goodwin has flashed over his career...

Your expectations of the bottom of any NFL roster is unrealistic if you think all your depth is going to be reliable week in week out.

32 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It is. The pearl clutching around here is maybe the worst I've seen in my entire time on this board. 

Everybody needs to R-E-L-A-X. 

Well you know how it goes.

When one of your favorite players gets cut and you're hoping he clears waivers so he can be signed to the PS everyone is looking to keep a grip on their jewels. 

emoticon-whistling-8727881.jpg

• Like 1

Trinity Benson was picked up by the lions via trade last night apparently... He was a potential depth wr and kick returner. Was hoping he'd make waivers. 

Not surprisingly, neither Denzel Mims (jets) or Andy Isabella (cards) where cut despite some rumors they could be (both where relatively high draft picks, neither is currently top 5 on their team's wr depth charts)... They'd require a trade we frankly can't afford to make pick wise, and player to player trades are rare. 

OT Crosby (Detroit) is intriguing, but he's been out with a grade 1 hamstring injury for most of camp... And Detroit not only cut him, but is apparently going to also be in the waiver/fa market for OL, which doesn't look good for him. He's also the guy most likely to get waiver wire action just based on previous production. 

What about centers? Anyone recognize solid names available there? Mustipher getting blown off the ball constantly is worrisome. 

45 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Johnson is a top young corner...yes he can be injury prone but talent is obvious and you can predict injury...

Byrd was highly productive in NE and Goodwin has flashed over his career...

Your expectations of the bottom of any NFL roster is unrealistic if you think all your depth is going to be reliable week in week out.

So Johnson isn't reliable. That's what I said. He is talented but his shoulder issues lingered at Utah and they showed in the NFL. 

Goodwin isn't good. He's fast. There's a difference. It's possible Byrd may surprise but when the Pats cut you, I don't have super high hopes.

The #2 corner spot and the #3 WR spot aren't "bottom of the roster," dude. Those guys get a ton of time on the field.

As far as I'm concerned, Johnson is the #2 corner (albeit a good one). He showed promise last year, but it's a big jump from what he was, to being a true #1 corner.... Like when we had Alshon Jeffery as our "#1 WR". The rest of them look like low quality #3s. 

OL is as big of an issue (arguably bigger if the goal for the year is helping Fields).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Trinity Benson was picked up by the lions via trade last night apparently... He was a potential depth wr and kick returner. Was hoping he'd make waivers. 

Not surprisingly, neither Denzel Mims (jets) or Andy Isabella (cards) where cut despite some rumors they could be (both where relatively high draft picks, neither is currently top 5 on their team's wr depth charts)... They'd require a trade we frankly can't afford to make pick wise, and player to player trades are rare. 

OT Crosby (Detroit) is intriguing, but he's been out with a grade 1 hamstring injury for most of camp... And Detroit not only cut him, but is apparently going to also be in the waiver/fa market for OL, which doesn't look good for him. He's also the guy most likely to get waiver wire action just based on previous production. 

What about centers? Anyone recognize solid names available there? Mustipher getting blown off the ball constantly is worrisome. 

I think MIA cut Skura who is a C

• Like 1

Worth noting right now that we have

4 corners

5wr

5te

Have to imagine that means we're grabbing at least one if not two corners in the next 48hrs... 

But the wr/te dynamic is also interesting.... I wonder if this indicates double te sets being a very significant part of our offense this year... Maybe even as part of a plan to help aid the OTs with more potential front line blocking /assistance