Final Roster

blkwdw13

You all realize of course that this time of year is the NFL equivalent of a yard sale where everyone shops other teams castoffs only to bring them home to potentially add to their own yard sales.  If those madras plaid cargo shorts didn't fit them worth a damn why do we believe they might fit us and who wears madras plaid shorts any way?  But they were cheap right?

It's desperation time for some GMs who are looking for help to plug holes in the roster they created.

Or viewed another way it's prom week and you need a date.  What are the chances of finding an acceptable one who'll also accept your invitation so you don't have to go with your older sister, your Mom, or your third cousin Barbara?  There ain't no Coupe De Ville hidin' at the bottom of some teams Cracker Jack box.  For the most part all you'll get is just another back end of the roster guy.

Edited by soulman

17 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I still think we will see movement at that spot...as much as we don't have a lot of capital I can't see us going into the season this bad at a key spot.

Movement with who? There isn’t much of a market out there.

The Bears also don’t seem to have the draft capital needed to make a bigger move. Not with the work that needs to be done on offense.

This may just be our punishment for Quinn, Foles, and Trevathan.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears also don’t seem to have the draft capital needed to make a bigger move. Not with the work that needs to be done on offense.

Lordy, can you imagine if Pace trades more future capital for a CB right now?  I would have to buy that Jaguar just so I could join the "F Pace" gang. If he went all-in  (again!) on this year it would be hilarious and terrible.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This is the worst CB group I have ever seen on the Bears.

Still don't get why they let Fuller go?

I was thinking, maybe Pace & Paton had a secret handshake deal that if Bears let go of Fuller to sign with Denver then they would help us by passing on a QB in round 1 (i.e Fields)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Unless anybody wants a former super bowl MVP, former double-digit sack guy, or basketball player turned TE that just had EIGHT (8) touchdowns.

If a player is that good few teams would let them go.  For instance Cam Newton is a shell of what he once was and even at his best he was never a great passer.  And.....we already have our own "former" double digit sack guy so who needs another.  😁

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I was thinking, maybe Pace & Paton had a secret handshake deal that if Bears let go of Fuller to sign with Denver then they would help us by passing on a QB in round 1 (i.e Fields)

Yup.  I think that was one of those QAnon conspiracy theories I read about.  🤣

49 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Lordy, can you imagine if Pace trades more future capital for a CB right now?  I would have to buy that Jaguar just so I could join the "F Pace" gang. If he went all-in  (again!) on this year it would be hilarious and terrible.

I doubt there's CB to be had anywhere who would be at same level as Kyle Fuller.

Windy has a good point.  It was the deals Pace handed out to DT, Foles, and Quinn that eventually forced him to release Fuller in order to clear cap space to sign Dalton.  Those are three of the worst deals he ever cut and none of them had a safe harbor back end.  So we have an ILB on IR again, the highest paid #3 QB in the NFL, and a DE we want to play OLB who acts like he doesn't want to play period. 

All told we guaranteed these guy almost $65 mil and we're stuck with them.  We got more outta Fuller than all three combined.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, soulman said:

I doubt there's CB to be had anywhere who would be at same level as Kyle Fuller.

Windy has a good point.  It was the deals Pace handed out to DT, Foles, and Quinn that eventually forced him to release Fuller in order to clear cap space to sign Dalton.  Those are three of the worst deals he ever cut and none of them had a safe harbor back end.  So we have an ILB on IR again, the highest paid #3 QB in the NFL, and a DE we want to play OLB who acts like he doesn't want to play period. 

All told we guaranteed these guy almost $65 mil and we're stuck with them.  We got more outta Fuller than all three combined.

Bears are spending more cap on Fuller and Skrine than on all CBs on the active roster combined. OT situation is similar.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears are spending more cap on Fuller and Skrine than on all CBs on the active roster combined. OT situation is similar.

Yup.  Actually $20 mil and change on 5 guys once you toss Leno and Massie on the pile and we're still writing off Trey Burton.  There's the cap for an extension of ARob right there.  And if we could manage the gift we gave DT then why not Hicks as well.  He's far more irreplaceable than DT.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Oooh. That's a conspiracy theory I can get behind. 

4 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Unless anybody wants a former super bowl MVP, former double-digit sack guy, or basketball player turned TE that just had EIGHT (8) touchdowns.

Well said. You work in sales don't you?

59 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

So much for Chicago being cheap. Honestly though, I don't remember that ever happening here. Just bizarre. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I don't think it needs to be a big move...in the past we have got bye with guys like Amukamara...I'm a big believer in scheme fit when it comes to DBs and there will be guys out there who fit the mould on this team that don't others who have talent...like I said a guy like Austin would fit here where as now in NY he doesn't...if the scouting is done correctly you can find guys to contribute even if they will never be superstars.

• Like 1

I have to say the more I watch Khalil Herbert the more I think he could be the steal of this draft...especially when Fields gets in there for the simple fact of running the option and delaying the offence for that split second gives him the ability to use his speed to get to the outside and if we use more outside zone then his vision as a cut back runner will make him a danger to defences...I just hope we trust him to give him some touches early behind Monty & Williams. 

• Like 3