Final Roster

blkwdw13

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting not a single player cut by us was claimed off waivers.  

I'll take that as a positive for our sake.  There are two things to keep in mind right now.

1) Rookies who were late round picks and UDFA had already been passed over by other teams for others they drafted instead or signed as UDFA. So unless one of them just tore it up in preseason those 31 other teams already have their own developmental guys they want to keep on their own PS. IMHO it's the vets with 2 years experience on or on and off a PS who show they're ready to play at this level like Horsted you need to protect more so than inexperienced late round or UDFA rookies.  These guys still need to do their time of the PS and gain experience to ascend.

2) Any vested vet on the roster week one has his contract fully guaranteed for all 17 games.  If you cut him later he's still gonna get paid for the entire season.  But if you bring him back after week one his contract is only assured on a game by game basis.  If he's cut after game six when another player returns from the PUP or IR six games is all he's paid for.  He's owed nothing more and you gain back unpaid cap dollars.  Teams will often release a vet with the understanding they will bring him back after week one.  It's done all the time and has been for years.

So again, the current roster is by far NOT the final roster we're likely to see prior to week one or immediately following it.  It's a chess game of roster moves now and will be for a few weeks before it mostly settled and even then guy will be released and replaced during the season either due top significant injuries or poor performance.  The current roster is figuratively written on a white board with erasable markers for a reason.

I’ve always been critical of fans that fall head over heels for some schmuck WR we get in the late rounds/undrafted/FA/from Canada/what have you but I am kinda bummed Adam’s didn’t make the team. I fell for his backstory, didn’t expect much out of him but I figure he could’ve been an okay ST’er and put up at least 300 or so. Perriman is a bum lol 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’ve always been critical of fans that fall head over heels for some schmuck WR we get in the late rounds/undrafted/FA/from Canada/what have you but I am kinda bummed Adam’s didn’t make the team. I fell for his backstory, didn’t expect much out of him but I figure he could’ve been an okay ST’er and put up at least 300 or so. Perriman is a bum lol 

what a sap

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

👎🏻

I'm fairly certain he'll clear waivers and end up on the PS.

This isn't camp now.  If they brought in Perriman and the other WR whose a PR they needed roster spots to do.

We'll see a lot of roster shuffling happening over the next few weeks.

Jets letting go of Blessuan Austin is a weird one...dude might not be a great fit in their scheme but was a starter last year for them...only 25 years old...great size and length which would fit what we need at outside CB and was pretty productive...I hope we are all over him.