Practice Squad

Dubz41

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Okay. Thanks - but I disagree. The vaccine's have been proven effective. Period. Done. Over and out.
Again - are they 100% foolproof? No. Not much in life is - but to continually be highlighting "options" (hydroxy / invermectin / bleach.....and whatever else...) on down to such nebulous concepts as "indivudual rights and freedoms" is to completly obscure the facts: the vaccines if taken broadly - WILL - limit spread of the virus - which will curtail its possible mutation into a different variant - and help get us back to a normally functioning society. 

The flip side is in the hospitals now. They JAMMED with unvaccinated people for a reason.

Simple. Easy to understand...and yet not for some reason.

It sure should be.

But oh if it doesn't work all the way then why bother. They know better. This is just dishonest.

They're trying to do it with Delta now, if it doesn't work on that, then why bother. Well my MMR (or flu or whatever) didn't stop what the current COVID vaccine does either. They're not the same.

Yes this is annoying. It can be inconvenient. But it's better than people getting very sick and dying at much higher rates. Such babies anymore.

Just dishonest babies.

Same people I know swear COVID isn't a big deal and we should do whatever we want but also no Mexican immigrants because they bring COVID and now it's dangerous again. It's all bull****. 

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I'm not trying to say it has to be 100%, but it should definitely work better than this. I have high hopes it will in the future and the boosters will be better. I just don't see how anyone can look at the lack of progression we've made as a society this year trying to get this under control and think there's one reason and one reason only we haven't done better. 

Better than what? What is "this"? What is the line? Two of us showed you who are hogging the hospital beds man. 

What are the other reasons that none of us but you haven't noticed that are so important? We relaxed restrictions and not enough people are vaxxed. The shot isn't going to get magically powerful enough for your standard any time soon so we have to do what we can, the option is keep increasing the vaxxed population. There's no other thing to do. Not doing it at all because it isn't good enough for you sure as hell isn't going to help

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

You've demonstrated clearly you're incapable of having this conversation without insulting someone I understand you're a normie that's fine but at least humor me a little.

I mean I have limited patience for people with clearly broken logic. I'm not going to put kid gloves on for you just because you think like one. 

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I just don't see how anyone can look at the lack of progression we've made as a society this year trying to get this under control and think there's one reason and one reason we haven't done better. 

WTF are you talking about? I *know* you're not this stupid. You dont think we've progressed since last year?  What? You still hiding out in your basement or are you actually going out and about again? Possibly back to a work setting?

It's the unvaccinated people that are the carriers / breeders of this thing. The vaxxed folks are "this close" to having it right again - but we've got to curtail out lives *in case* we encounter one of the many dummies in our society.

I live in Florida and we've got a state government thats actually trying to legislate AGAINST public health measures. It's amazing. If I wasnt living it I wouldnt have believed it possible - but it is.

So - he doesnt want student and teachers protecting themselves. Not sure why exactly....it sure as hell makes no sense.....and guess who's getting screwed? The kids and teachers.

It's the kids I feel the worst for. Many of them havent even been approved for their first shot - yet - they're surrounded by imbecilic adults that couldnt give two ***** for their health!  No - they've got their "causes" to stand up for. Meanwhile, the kids are taking up ICU beds in record numbers.

Great way to run a railroad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Better than what? What is "this"? What is the line? Two of us showed you who are hogging the hospital beds man. 

What are the other reasons that none of us but you haven't noticed that are so important? We relaxed restrictions and not enough people are vaxxed. The shot isn't going to get magically powerful enough for your standard any time soon so we have to do what we can, the option is keep increasing the vaxxed population. There's no other thing to do. Not doing it at all because it isn't good enough for you sure as hell isn't going to help

People who are getting vaccinated within their own households shouldn't have to worry about their entire house getting sick with this. People who are told they will get less sick if they do opt to get it shouldn't still be ending up in the ICU. Nothing is ever going to be 100% effective, but way too much of this is happening amongst even the vaxxed population (at least for me anyway) to think this is as good as it should ever get. I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing for people to hear and think "hey, maybe this thing should improve if we all wanna see the end of this together".

Edited by Rodjahs12

I mean I have limited patience for people with clearly broken logic. I'm not going to put kid gloves on for you just because you think like one. 

No you're acting like every other do gooder taking the safest possibe route here in not questioning anybody or anything except those who are easy to question lol. It's a huge reason why the disconnect in this country over this pandemic is so large. You're just as deaf to anything other than what you believe as they are.

Edited by Rodjahs12

25 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

The narrative now and for some time has it's been it's all the unvaccinated's fault. That's fine, that's what popular and I can certainly understand why people want to go with that. However every day more people are vaccinated than the last, and this is about as bad at least in Wisconsin as this thing has been since last year. Again the results just aren't there yet, and there might be more it than just people being stubborn about getting their shot. I digress though this isn't something people are ready to talk about. There is one narrative you're allowed to have about this openly without it being a problem publicly.

I'm in Wisconsin.  COVID is not being reported on to the extent that it was last year.  Not even close.

Then you add in Summerfest, State Fair, Bucks parade....etc.  Yah, it's spreading, and yah, there's less coverage of it.

Side Note:  A friend of mine is now selling fake vaccination cards.  Has no ears for anything positive to do with the vaccine.  So, let's sell a fraudulent card that lets you get into SummerFest where you can be in really close contact with people who have been vaccinated, but may be carrying the disease.  All while being unvaccinated.  Just get he shot already.

Head Against Wall GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

8 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

People who are getting vaccinated within their own households shouldn't have to worry about their entire house getting sick with this. People who are told they will get less sick if they do opt to get it shouldn't still be ending up in the ICU. Nothing is ever going to be 100% effective, but way too much of this is happening amongst even the vaxxed population (at least for me anyway) to think this is as good as it should ever get. I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing for people to hear and think "hey, maybe this thing should improve if we all wanna see the end of this together".

I guess I'm unaware of these large numbers of vaxxed households getting sick. Or these large numbers of ICU vaxxed people. I'm sure there are, I know there are.. But how prevalent is this? What are the numbers? How much lower should they be? Where's your line? What about the alternative where none were vaxxed, what is possibly happening then? It's probably worse yeah? Is there a scenario where them being unvaxxed would have been better for them? For all those groups you're talking about and not some 3 outliers out of 50 million people?

It's like you've thought so much about this but stopped half way through once you got to the other side of it

Edit: as you **** on me saying I can't see your side....

Edited by Norm

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

No you're acting like every other do gooder taking the safest possibe route here in not questioning anybody or anything except those who are easy to question lol. It's a huge reason why the disconnect in this country over this pandemic is so large. You're just as deaf to anything other than what you believe as they are.

Dude I've been asking you stuff the whole time like this. Give me my damn credit, I just did again before I even saw this. You just don't like my reaction 

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm in Wisconsin.  COVID is not being reported on to the extent that it was last year.  Not even close.

Then you add in Summerfest, State Fair, Bucks parade....etc.  Yah, it's spreading, and yah, there's less coverage of it.

Side Note:  A friend of mine is now selling fake vaccination cards.  Has no ears for anything positive to do with the vaccine.  So, let's sell a fraudulent card that lets you get into SummerFest where you can be in really close contact with people who have been vaccinated, but may be carrying the disease.  All while being unvaccinated.  Just get he shot already.

Head Against Wall GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

We live in the dumbest of times.

• Like 1

Ultimately I don't want hard feelings over this. It's just something I've been feeling for a while now seeing the numbers getting worse around the Green Bay area and seeing the constantly growing rift it's creating in people. Both sides are completely set in their ways and I can't help but wonder how much is actually at play that lies on neither side making this worse. The overall good this vaccine is doing for one, the terrible attitude people have towards one another over this for example as another. 

Dude I've been asking you stuff the whole time like this. Give me my damn credit, I just did again before I even saw this. You just don't like my reaction 

Fair. I don't like the hostility any COVID conversation creates but we've always gotten on well and yeah I didn't much appreciate being insulted simply for raising this question like it's completely crazy to think that these things can and will improve over time.

• Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

We live in the dumbest of times.

It is a very weird and dumb time, for sure.

Common sense is not as common as it should be.

Here we now have a vaccine that is FDA approved.  And that isn't good enough.

Add in whatever that is that is in the White House and now you get this Afghanistan thing.

We have a drug addict selling pillows trying to tell America that he knows all.

God's so mad that he's trying to cleanse the East Coast.  

Pretty soon rivers and seas will be boiling, the dead will be rising from the graves and dogs and cats will be living together.  Mass hysteria!

But, we have a new long snapper and our GB roster is looking very solid from top to bottom.  Which is nice.

• Like 1