Practice Squad

Dubz41

37 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Should Cousins or Hopkins or Beasley and many other NFL players be banned because their own medical decision differs from that of the borg?  I think their attorneys would have a field day with that.

Their attorneys would try, but ultimately lose.  There is no law protecting their jobs.  Teams are free to move in another direction any time they please for whatever reason.  Now, if they state the actual reason is the player being unvaccinated?  Then there is a case.  But so far only Urban Meyer has been that ignorant.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, craig said:

Incog, the study cited in the link you gave does support the practical that getting the vaccine after having already gotten Covid does further amplify protection and further reduce risk.  So for the person who says "I've already had it, I don't need the vax", your link does provide data suggesting that getting vaccinated will add additional protection.  And for a state or an organization to say, "let's just require everybody to get vaccinated, whether they've already had Covid or not", your link is relevant.

But I don't think it really affirms the conclusion that "Vaccination Offers Higher Protection than Previous COVID-19 Infection"?  That statement seems to communicate that  if it's either one or the other, that the vaccination alone is more protective than previous-Covid alone.  That may or not be true, I don't know; but *IF* it's true, it's not proven by the study cited in that link.  So a better more relevant study should be found in order to make that claim?  If that makes sense?  

What that study shows is that protection is better with BOTH Covid-PLUS-Vaccination, compared to with Covid-only.  C+V > C only.  But it doesn't really address if it's a one-on-one between C or V, which is better.  Just that having both is better than just one.  

Like I said, it's totally relevant to people who have had Covid and are wondering whether to still get vaccinated besides, and to organizations deciding whether to require vaccination for everybody, including people who've already had Covid.  It just doesn't in itself say that vax on it's own protects better than previous-Covid on its own, if that makes sense? 

No, to it doesn't. Because antibodies, both natural and vaccine created, wear off. Even if we say that the natural antibodies are better (they're not, but let's continue hypothetically) . . . You don't want to get Covid every 6 months to keep renewing your natural antibodies.

Everybody get the ******* shot so we can be done with this bull****. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, VicPez said:

It seems to me that you’re conflating three separate issues here.

1.) Should the government be able to mandate vaccination?

2.) Should employers be able to mandate vaccination, and terminate the employment of those who don’t get the vaccine?

3.) Should the NFL and its teams, who have a preexisting arrangement regarding vaccination status with the NFLPA, be able to mandate a vaccine or terminate employment based on vaccine status?

Each of these questions is different from the other.

And none of these things are new. They all existed prior in some form. Idk why we're acting like this is the first time for any of this ****

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

But what about Muh Freedums, Norm?

That's what hilarious too. Always have to resort to these emotional appeals right?

Like "oh think about the children"

That kind of ****. Like oh nobody will argue against children. 

Same thing, oh so you want to argue for this so it means you don't want freedom. Guess what mother ****ers, you never had near the freedom you thought you did. And this is not a freedom that hasn't been tested before. There is nothing new here, nothing new is being infringed on. And don't give me any **** about well the vaccine hasn't been fully tested, your ilk are eating horse paste. 

On top of that the endless projection of "politics" from the side that listened to all the people that made this entire ******* thing political. And guess what, virtually all of those politicians and talking heads are vaxxed. But they still can't see they're being played (and dying for it) all the while swearing this is some crazy *** leftist agenda to destroy the country by not wanting endless people to get sick and die so we can go back to the way **** was before all this bull****.

It's exhausting. So tired of listening to this every where I go online and on top having to listen to every twit IRL in earshot who only has an IQ test over 70 because he cheated off the person next to them for the last five answers tell me I'm the one who's being crazy and a damned sheep. Ffs

Ban me @CWood21

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, to it doesn't. Because antibodies, both natural and vaccine created, wear off. Even if we say that the natural antibodies are better (they're not, but let's continue hypothetically) . . . You don't want to get Covid every 6 months to keep renewing your natural antibodies.

I think I know where you are going with this but believe the reality is your immunity doesn't necessarily protect you from different strands of the same virus. The flu for instance. The Delta variant vs. the original COVID-19. Polio. for instance was a virus and it's basically gone now. There apparently were not different strands of that same viral infection. Therefore, we were able to eradicate it from society for the most part. 

40 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's what hilarious too. Always have to resort to these emotional appeals right?

Like "oh think about the children"

That kind of ****. Like oh nobody will argue against children. 

Same thing, oh so you want to argue for this so it means you don't want freedom. Guess what mother ****ers, you never had near the freedom you thought you did. And this is not a freedom that hasn't been tested before. There is nothing new here, nothing new is being infringed on. And don't give me any **** about well the vaccine hasn't been fully tested, your ilk are eating horse paste. 

On top of that the endless projection of "politics" from the side that listened to all the people that made this entire ******* thing political. And guess what, virtually all of those politicians and talking heads are vaxxed. But they still can't see they're being played (and dying for it) all the while swearing this is some crazy *** leftist agenda to destroy the country by not wanting endless people to get sick and die so we can go back to the way **** was before all this bull****.

It's exhausting. So tired of listening to this every where I go online and on top having to listen to every twit IRL in earshot who only has an IQ test over 70 because he cheated off the person next to them for the last five answers tell me I'm the one who's being crazy and a damned sheep. Ffs

Ban me @CWood21

I am Norm!

https://thebaffler.com/salvos/the-long-con

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0bhucn0u?share_id=eyJ1c2VyaWQiOjE2MDI1OTQxMywiZG9jX2lkIjoiMGJodWNuMHUiLCJ0aW1lc3RhbXAiOjE2MzA2MDI5OTA2MzN9&s=a3&pd=0AqQnFq1&hl=en_US&lp=control

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

absolutely, agree on each point!

My point was simply that making statements or conclusions while linking a study that doesn't actually speak to the argument is bad science.  And Incog's link was to a study that didn't actually support the statement. 

As someone who got vaccinated, nothing about what these vaccines have shown this year has proven anything to say they’re worth the vial they’re shipped in. They don’t prevent you from getting sick, nor do they prevent you from spreading it. So what exactly is the point? I’d feel a lot better about all of this if less people were getting sick than they were earlier this year when even less people were given their shot, but that’s not the reality of the here and now at all. This isn’t going to be popular but who cares this is an anonymous message board anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

As someone who got vaccinated, nothing about what these vaccines have shown this year has proven anything to say they’re worth the vial they’re shipped in. They don’t prevent you from getting sick, nor do they prevent you from spreading it. So what exactly is the point? I’d feel a lot better about all of this if less people were getting sick than they were earlier this year when even less people were given their shot, but that’s not the reality of the here and now at all. This isn’t going to be popular but who cares this is an anonymous message board anyway. 

If you get a flu shot....it doesnt mean you wont get the flu.

The vast majority of people being hospitalized - the *vast majority* are of the unvaccinated variety.
Those that are vaccinated - if they do in fact get sick - recover relatively quickly and more often than not, dont require hospitalization.

The "point" is to minimize continual spread and mutation of the virus - through vaccinations.

It's the "more the merrier" theory. The more people that get vaccinated - the merrier we'll all be.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

If you get a flu shot....it doesnt mean you wont get the flu.

The vast majority of people being hospitalized - the *vast majority* are of the unvaccinated variety.
Those that are vaccinated - if they do in fact get sick - recover relatively quickly and more often than not, dont require hospitalization.

The "point" is to minimize continual spread and mutation of the virus - through vaccinations.

It's the "more the merrier" theory. The more people that get vaccinated - the merrier we'll all be.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't get vaccinated or that the anti crowd is anymore in the right than they were at the beginning of this. I'm simply saying maybe just maybe these things aren't as effective as those pushing them want you to believe. Hopefully the boosters will be more effective in keeping people from at least being contagious. I understand a vaccine isn't a magic cure but surely we should be seeing more progress by now than we have been. 

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Exactly. This has become a mind-numbing intellectual exercise......minus the intellect but with serious real life consequences.

My greatest fear is that sometime relatively soon something comes along with a ridiculous death rate. A true wipe out plague. 50%+ death rate, and now so many conditioned to the way they are.....I can't even imagine what would happen. This could have went"well" and helped us for a deal like that had it ever came, now it'll be far worse. Yuck. 

The posts stating that only 1 side is politicizing this is laughable.

Both parties have politicized this completely.    Both parties have spread garbage facts.   Both sides are really using this hoping for political gain.

The general public are simply pawns in a game.  People have lost trust in government and media for really strong reasons.

Yes- I have been vaccinated.   Don't know why a reasonable person wouldn't.  Even if it is only for the convenience of travel and being in public places.

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't get vaccinated or that the anti crowd is anymore in the right than they were at the beginning of this. I'm simply saying maybe just maybe these things aren't as effective as those pushing them want you to believe. Hopefully the boosters will be more effective in keeping people from at least being contagious. I understand a vaccine isn't a magic cure but surely we should be seeing more progress by now than we have been. 

Dude, go look at the percentages of vaccinated that are hospitalized...

What more is there to say?

"Well it isn't helping the spread", yeah because the people getting sick aren't getting the ******* shot my man. And most all of hem had the ability. And those who didn't are getting screwed by that.

I don't understand the logic here