Week 1- Cowboys @ Bucs - Season Opener

ravishingone

2 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

Tom : I’m sorry. I didn’t want to destroy you, but you’re leaving me no choice

I've followed Brady for a long time. I don't think many people realize how good he'll be this year. I'm not sure the guy needs any extra motivation but for some reason he keeps getting it by irrelevant players talking trash or pundits ranking him as the 20th best player in the NFL.

This is the first time since 2017 where he has a great situation. Wasn't the case the last 3 years between new coach, new system, covid, no offseason and declining and poor weapons on offense, there was always something that was a problem and he still figured out how to win 2 SBs in those 3 years.

Brady probably wants to destroy everyone this year and he will.

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

tenor.gif

Honestly, if we lost in the playoffs, we'd probably still be ranked at the same spot as possible super bowl favorites or right behind the Chiefs the same. And I don't think it would have changed the guys we re-signed as well. And Brady will keep them all hungry again. 

6 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Honestly, if we lost in the playoffs, we'd probably still be ranked at the same spot as possible super bowl favorites or right behind the Chiefs the same. And I don't think it would have changed the guys we re-signed as well. And Brady will keep them all hungry again. 

We'll never know, but I do think the roster would look different if they lost to the Saints.  3 losses to a divisional opponent even with Brees retiring would have led to changes especially if they got stomped again, IMO.  I don't think all the UFAs come back.  Shaq had a decent season, but the NFC Championship and SB he was elite.  Not sure Suh would want to come back.  Gronk had an offer from BUF to play this offseason apparently.  

It s an interesting hypothetical with no right or wrong answer.

20 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I've followed Brady for a long time. I don't think many people realize how good he'll be this year. I'm not sure the guy needs any extra motivation but for some reason he keeps getting it by irrelevant players talking trash or pundits ranking him as the 20th best player in the NFL.

This is the first time since 2017 where he has a great situation. Wasn't the case the last 3 years between new coach, new system, covid, no offseason and declining and poor weapons on offense, there was always something that was a problem and he still figured out how to win 2 SBs in those 3 years.

Brady probably wants to destroy everyone this year and he will.

Licht probably still can’t believe Tom fell on his laps