(Poll) Rank the QBs You'd Take Over Baker for At Least the Next 5 Years?

Empire Lies

Top QBs in the League  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Where Does Baker Rank Amongst Top QBs?

2. 2. Will Baker Mayfield Ever Be a Transcendent QB (i.e., The Ability to Routinely Transcend Personnel/Scheme/Surrounding Play Deficiencies in Ways that Give the Team a Great Chance to Win)?

• Yes, he's already one now
    • Yes, he's not there yet, but he'll get there eventually
    • No, he's really good to great at times but he'll never be in the transcendent tier
  3. 3. How Many QBs in the League Would You Trade Baker Mayfield for?

28 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

You do know that you can look at the OLine analytic ratings both on an individual and aggregate level.

And from an analytics perspective, sacks and pressures breakdown into categories of "Sacks and Pressures that are on the QB Versus Sacks and Pressures that are NOT on the QB."

The Giants OLine from an individual and aggregate level is garbage and has been in the past as well.

Many of Baker's sacks have been attributed to Baker holding the ball via the adjusted sack rate. And that's not my sole opinion but that of various analytics indices and people that do the analysis.

Does that really say anything. If there are no receiver options after 2.5 seconds you are going to blame the QB for that?

We get that you like to debate and Baker is your best option for that but ultimately it's for not. I want Baker as my QB. That's all I need to know. Do you want Baker as your QB? If yes, enough about how so many other QBs are better. If not, just say it so you are on one side of the fence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It's really funny to me that he resurfaced Week 3 after the game and not Weeks 1 or 2, save Baker's last pass Week 1. Probably pure coincidence guys.

Also highly active in 2019 but couldn’t figure out his 2020 password 🤔 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Does that really say anything. If there are no receiver options after 2.5 seconds you are going to blame the QB for that?

We get that you like to debate and Baker is your best option for that but ultimately it's for not. I want Baker as my QB. That's all I need to know. Do you want Baker as your QB? If yes, enough about how so many other QBs are better. If not, just say it so you are on one side of the fence.

Not at all what I said.

I said that there QB-induced sacks/pressures and OL-induced sacks/pressures. That is, those metrics and indices analytically are different. Sometimes the two can indeed effect each other.

For Daniel Jones, the trash quality of OLine play is a significant contributing factor to his play in years past by all available OL-QB relation metrics. 

That's the only point that I made. A QB can hold the ball to long and the OLine can be trash. They aren't mutually exclusive events per se.

-------------------

I don't subscribe to the worldview that criticism and questioning of things is a hateful position nor do I believe in the thought that if "I'm  happy that the Browns have Baker, than one has to be silent and choose a side" or whatever type of foolery.

In fact, Andrew Berry and the front office are spending many thought resources on figuring out what Baker is exactly, what contract they should be preparing for him along with the presentation of the arguments that justify their position, and they are weighing Baker's strengths and weaknesses against not only the NFL QB Landscape but also against the individuals still in the collegiate ranks.

I don't think it's conflicting to value the many great contributions of Baker Mayfield as a leader and player to the Cleveland Browns while trying to figure out where he ranks in the NFL in terms of QBs I or others may think would be better options for the Browns for years to come.

We sit here and try to make evaluative assessment of college age human beings and project their contributions in the NFL. It's not wild or crazy to attempt to do so with current young NFL players and project their contributions in the near future.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Also highly active in 2019 but couldn’t figure out his 2020 password 🤔 

Hmm .. I wonder if there might have been some relevant thing that occurred globally on Planet Earth 2020 seriously effecting a wide variety of things like jobs and life.

I didn't have time for you derps or long posts.

Shortly after the lockdowns and new job and familial realities hit, I focused my energy and time on things that actually mattered and prepared for more catastrophic world outcomes by protecting the people and things that mattered.

When everyone finally got their head above water, I went back to login over year later couldn't remember the password, the recovery email the email I had on the account was a spam work email at a place I no longer worked at. The recovery email for that one I no longer had the password to.

If I had stayed around and posted, you all would've marveled at the football prophecies to come.

Your really lucky that wasn't the case lest you'd still be re-reading such long posts in amazement to this very day.

You should be thanking me (leave a like of this post as recompense).

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's not a great time to ask this question, it came off his worst game under steph after he had his shoulder damaged. 

Ask it when he is on a high and  ot a low and placing him at 17 or 19 is crazy talk.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It's really funny to me that he resurfaced Week 3 after the game and not Weeks 1 or 2, save Baker's last pass Week 1. Probably pure coincidence guys.

Charlatans derp know-nothings have but two functions: Be Derp & Multiply.

And here I thought this OP Thread started Sept. 4 happened before the season commenced.

As I recall, that was back in the good old days when ye Small-Handsman, He Gets Us, Leader of Menism cult followers were still in yer depths of fasting and chastity to bring good tidings for King Baker's season.

It makes sense why you likely are confused by the timeline of things as you lot have been known to have fasting induced hallucinations especially after taking communion from the same chalice that possesses the last squeezed remnants of sweat from Baker's jockstrap.

I've heard those fluids have magical and unknown properties. Once imbibed I've heard you all break out in uncontrollable dance and non-wordsmithian tongues. 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47c07x5veh7ucgpgsari

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474dy2ou1585td53434a

5 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Charlatans derp know-nothings have but two functions: Be Derp & Multiply.

And here I thought this OP Thread started Sept. 4 happened before the season commenced.

As I recall, that was back in the good old days when ye Small-Handsman, He Gets Us, Leader of Menism cult followers were still in yer depths of fasting and chastity to bring good tidings for King Baker's season.

It makes sense why you likely are confused by the timeline of things as you lot have been known to have fasting induced hallucinations especially after taking communion from the same chalice that possesses the last squeezed remnants of sweat from Baker's jockstrap.

I've heard those fluids have magical and unknown properties. Once imbibed I've heard you all break out in uncontrollable dance and non-wordsmithian tongues. 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47c07x5veh7ucgpgsari

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474dy2ou1585td53434a

Super Troopers Good Job GIF by Searchlight Pictures

28 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Hmm .. I wonder if there might have been some relevant thing that occurred globally on Planet Earth 2020 seriously effecting a wide variety of things like jobs and life.

I didn't have time for you derps or long posts.

Shortly after the lockdowns and new job and familial realities hit, I focused my energy and time on things that actually mattered and prepared for more catastrophic world outcomes by protecting the people and things that mattered.

You may find this hard to believe but us derps weren’t just mouth breathing into each other’s faces the past year or two while you and Fauci were trying to save us all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

You may find this hard to believe but us derps weren’t just mouth breathing into each other’s faces the past year or two while you and Fauci were trying to save us all.

Apparently Mind Empire thinks Covid was over as soon as Baker threw an interception 

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Prove it.

So, you admit you lot are derps. You're in danger of no longer being a derp with that assessment.

Fauci's a derp too.

As you didn't like the post as stated below, I'm assuming that you are comfortable in your derp and ungrateful.

Sad.

42 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

If I had stayed around and posted, you all would've marveled at the football prophecies to come.

Your really lucky that wasn't the case lest you'd still be re-reading such long posts in amazement to this very day.

You should be thanking me (leave a like of this post as recompense).