(Poll) Rank the QBs You'd Take Over Baker for At Least the Next 5 Years?

Empire Lies

Top QBs in the League  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Where Does Baker Rank Amongst Top QBs?

2. 2. Will Baker Mayfield Ever Be a Transcendent QB (i.e., The Ability to Routinely Transcend Personnel/Scheme/Surrounding Play Deficiencies in Ways that Give the Team a Great Chance to Win)?

• Yes, he's already one now
    • Yes, he's not there yet, but he'll get there eventually
    • No, he's really good to great at times but he'll never be in the transcendent tier
  3. 3. How Many QBs in the League Would You Trade Baker Mayfield for?

16 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Baker is the easily the best QB we've had since Kosar, and I'm happy to ride with him although I do not think he's the transcendent type. As for QBs I'd trade him for: Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, J Allen in that order.

Maybe we’ve been battered and beaten down so long we’re happy to settle, but I have no interest in moving on from him and looking for greener pastures.

If any fan base should know grass isn’t always greener..

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe we’ve been battered and beaten down so long we’re happy to settle, but I have no interest in moving on from him and looking for greener pastures.

If any fan base should know grass isn’t always greener..

Yeah, Baker has his shortcomings but unless a Mahomes-caliber QB somehow falls into our lap, Baker is going to be our QB for the next several years.

And it's crazy to think Baker is a finished product, anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, Baker has his shortcomings but unless a Mahomes-caliber QB somehow falls into our lap, Baker is going to be our QB for the next several years.

I don’t know.  Mahomes just over threw a wide open receiver. He sucks 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DawgX said:

A-A-Ron had started 5 career games at this point, Steve Young was still a backup and would be for some years, etc…

If you can sling it from the pocket you can have a long career and continue to refine you’re skills.

He’s still like 25-26.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A-A-Ron had started 5 career games at this point, Steve Young was still a backup and would be for some years, etc…

If you can sling it from the pocket you can have a long career and continue to refine you’re skills.

He’s still like 25-26.

Plus, not many QBs have had to wait until year four to have the same HC and offensive scheme for back-to-back years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Plus, not many QBs have had to wait until year four to have the same HC and offensive scheme for back-to-back years.

Yeah people forget about circumstances.

Allen, Jackson, Mahomes, Murray, et all have all had continuity and competency on their side.

What Baker has dealt with breaks most QB’s.

1 hour ago, JDD said:

I don’t know.  Mahomes just over threw a wide open receiver. He sucks 

Seems nobody saw my post about the great Rodgers overthrew a wide open dude in the end zone in a critical moment. 

It’s almost like no qb is perfect or something or other. 

• Like 1