2021 Week One GDT Steelers at Bills

Steeler Hitman

Muth is a much better move blocker. We don't want him blocking edge guys one on one right now too much, but that can be said of most TEs. I've been really impressed with how well he moves to find a guy to block. I think he's going to be a stud. I've been really trying to temper my optimism for him, but it's really difficult. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DR43 said:

The draft produced our starting LT, Center, RB, TE, Nickel Corner, and Punter.

Did any draft in the past 20 years obtained this many starters in the rookie year?

We absolutely needed a draft like this and Colbert nailed it.

Speaking of Punter, did anyone else notice Berry hit an absolute rocket for the Vikings yesterday? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Speaking of Punter, did anyone else notice Berry hit an absolute rocket for the Vikings yesterday? 

It wont last long.

Berry had some punts like that for us.    

His issue is consistency....especially later in the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

6 rookies contributed on the field yesterday. I have mentioned it before but with the free agents,  pay cuts/taking less money, and draft this might be Colberts best offseason ever.

27 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

This isn't really meant to make anyone really feel better about what you may have felt like you saw yesterday....but I re-watched the offense quickly and didn't think the O-Line was a complete dumpster fire?

Feel better? No? Okay. 

I think the line will be immensely better when Banner comes back. Regardless of who is at LT, the line will be better at run blocking with Banner. IIRC the only game last year that the run game looked good(ie blocking AND running) was the NYG game. We had a few games that we put up decent rushing numbers, but they were flukey. In the NYG game we got consistent chunk runs. At least that's how I remember it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think the line will be immensely better when Banner comes back. Regardless of who is at LT, the line will be better at run blocking with Banner. IIRC the only game last year that the run game looked good(ie blocking AND running) was the NYG game. We had a few games that we put up decent rushing numbers, but they were flukey. In the NYG game we got consistent chunk runs. At least that's how I remember it.

The problem I see is, and it goes back a while, that we dont draft a RB and line that work together then coach a completely other technique. We got a north/south runner with a stretch zone scheme with inside zone blockers.