Week 1 GDT - Detroit Lions vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yep. For some reason, the refs are overlooking a lot of holding...it happened with the Dallas OL holding the Bucs all game long....

I'm going to re-watch the game later today, but I made some notes during the live watch and one I wrote down was I noticed Sewell basically put Bosa in a head lock and a few other times where things looked a bit suspect with holds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N4L said:

The bolded is extremely important context. Thomas was good in the preseason and didnt get targeted a lot. Its good he got his feet wet but I wont look too much into the statistical results considering the situation in the game. 

I am sure he will get a look in the coming weeks. We will absolutely need him to step up and be better, but this game was no reason to be discouraged.  

I mean, it was a typical Lions game. They're getting blown out, then face ton of soft coverage in the second half to drive up passing stats. Stafford turned that into a huge pay day and a better team. Goff will be looking to do the same. 

They don't call him Stat Padford for nothing...

On Thomas, he's looking like most of the other rookies who opted out - rusty and bad. Thomas has a lot of physical talent and he was viewed as a team leader at Michigan. I'm still bullish on him and willing to give him the runway to figure this out on the fly to have something to build off of for year 2. 

The way I look at it is if Thomas would've gone back to school, he'd probably be a high day 2 pick in this year's draft. We got him a year early, so now he gets NFL coaching, training, and game experience instead of playing at Michigan for another year.   

Edited by NinerNation21

14 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

A source said the 49ers also inquired about a potential trade for second-year Vikings cornerback Cameron Dantzler, who was a healthy scratch in Minnesota’s season opener at Cincinnati. The team is also maintaining an open dialogue with Richard Sherman, who remains unsigned.

I think this would be a great move. I think Kyle Posey also mentioned that Greedy Williams has taken a fall from grace with the Browns and was a healthy scratch. Maybe another target worth looking into. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

A source said the 49ers also inquired about a potential trade for second-year Vikings cornerback Cameron Dantzler, who was a healthy scratch in Minnesota’s season opener at Cincinnati. The team is also maintaining an open dialogue with Richard Sherman, who remains unsigned.

Can you post the link por favor? 

• Like 1

Ohhh, I bet it is hard and frustrating to be in Jimmy's shoes there. You take the team down inside the 5 yard line and Lance comes in and gets to throw the TD lol...But as he said, it is what it is. The team is better with Lance taking over in that area as he is more dynamic and can beat the defense in multiple of ways. Jimmy just needs to play good ball and everything will play out the way it is supposed to. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ohhh, I bet it is hard and frustrating to be in Jimmy's shoes there. You take the team down inside the 5 yard line and Lance comes in and gets to throw the TD lol...But as he said, it is what it is. The team is better with Lance taking over in that area as he is more dynamic and can beat the defense in multiple of ways. Jimmy just needs to play good ball and everything will play out the way it is supposed to. 

Credit to Jimmy that this is the most upset I've ever heard him sound about pretty much anything lol

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Credit to Jimmy that this is the most upset I've ever heard him sound about pretty much anything lol

Lol, I mean I'm sure he gets upset but publicly hides his emotions. But come on, it is just natural for anyone in his position to be frustrated...Heck, Brees himself admitted how hard it was for him and how he didn't like when he came off the field. 

He has nothing to lose at this point though, so might as well be up front with the media. Kyle is ready to move on from him and doesn't like him all that much so what is the point of trying to be a good soldier when the end result is him getting benched at some point or leaving at year's end? 

19 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

What happened with Ayiuk??

Has Sherfield taken the wr2 spot??

This had more to do with Aiyuk's hamstring injury, but also, Sherfield has been doing nothing but impressing the coaching staff since his arrival. Predicting what Shanny will do each week is a fool's errand. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

According to Shanny he held him back some due to his hammy strain. I think we'll see more and more of BA as we move forward. 

I see..

Was a bit surprised he drew a blank on the stat sheet.

Was impressed with Mitchell though, had some good runs.

You guys think he will continue as the starting back.