Raiders waive LB Tanner Muse

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Deablo was hurt for most of OTA's and training camp. I didn't hear much about Koonce, good or bad, during training camp. But he looked solid as a pass rusher against the Rams. 

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2021/8/25/22638207/raiders-malcolm-koonce-rookie-preseason

ya, not calling them busts. This should basically be a redshirt year for Deablo making that conversion, maybe Get a few snaps and special teams. Koonce probably our 10th DL, probably won't get activated. I guess it's nice to have more depth at edge rusher. 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

ya, not calling them busts. This should basically be a redshirt year for Deablo making that conversion, maybe Get a few snaps and special teams. Koonce probably our 10th DL, probably won't get activated. I guess it's nice to have more depth at edge rusher. 

I think Deablo will play this year, not a ton, but he's basically a WLB/SS hybrid. Especially if Littleton or Abram don't play well to start the year. 

Koonce is a wild card, I don't expect him to play a ton but could see him used in a situational pass rushing role. Ferrell/Nassib offer very little as pass rushers so he's really our only edge that does outside of Maxx/Yannick.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Deablo will play this year, not a ton, but he's basically a WLB/SS hybrid. Especially if Littleton or Abram don't play well to start the year. 

Koonce is a wild card, I don't expect him to play a ton but could see him used in a situational pass rushing role. Ferrell/Nassib offer very little as pass rushers so he's really our only edge that does outside of Maxx/Yannick.

I honestly think they drafted Koonce they basically see if in two years they need to give Yannick the big contract or not. I don’t think drafting ham is really about the right now. It’s more about the red shirt with the intention of being a real contributor next year. 

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I honestly think they drafted Koonce they basically see if in two years they need to give Yannick the big contract or not. I don’t think drafting ham is really about the right now. It’s more about the red shirt with the intention of being a real contributor next year. 

I think Koonce will have a similar role to what Arden Key was supposed to have as a rookie. Third pass rusher that rotates in occasionally on passing downs. Ferrell and Nassib aren't very explosive off the edge so I think he'll have a small role.

You can also say the same for Deablo/Littleton, if he pans out he could be a cheap replacement. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Peterman isn’t a scholarship player?

You pick one player on the roster lol Grudens always been a QB guy, I wouldn’t call him a scholarship player either, more like Grudens personal project. It will pay off if he can be our backup next season.

Also, how much cap is he taking up? Lol 

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

You pick one player on the roster lol Grudens always been a QB guy, I wouldn’t call him a scholarship player either, more like Grudens personal project. It will pay off if he can be our backup next season.

More like if Carr gets hurt I'll have a backup cause Mariota is likely hurt already.

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC we were linked to Antonio Gibson a lot during the pre-draft process who was a WR in college that projected to be a RB in the NFL. He ended up being selected 66th. We could've traded 80 (Bowden) and 91 (traded) for 65 and landed him. 

We also could've realistically traded 19, 80, 81 to move up into the top 15 for AJ Terrell, lol.

That’s kinda the thing tho, it seems we have our sights on guys then when they get taken before us we panic and take a lesser talent at the same position, instead of looking at other positions or having a plan B. I think the better drafting teams are more fluid in their approach. We draft for need the good teams draft for talent. With less holes on the roster my hope is that we can start going BPA more rather than reaching for need.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Practically nothing.

But to be fair, he should be paying us for the opportunity lol

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

That’s kinda the thing tho, it seems we have our sights on guys then when they get taken before us we panic and take a lesser talent at the same position, instead of looking at other positions or having a plan B. I think the better drafting teams are more fluid in their approach. We draft for need the good teams draft for talent. With less holes on the roster my hope is that we can start going BPA more rather than reaching for need.

This was apparent. 

What's crazy to me is that we panic and skip over better talent at thebsame position we take lol. 

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Grudock's actual boards on draft day. 

18 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Taking up a roster spot…

we blow $ like it’s nothing cap space isn’t a big deal until we really need someone

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Koonce will have a similar role to what Arden Key was supposed to have as a rookie. Third pass rusher that rotates in occasionally on passing downs. Ferrell and Nassib aren't very explosive off the edge so I think he'll have a small role.

You can also say the same for Deablo/Littleton, if he pans out he could be a cheap replacement. 

EXACTLY! What is actually did you put that in my last post. Realistically I think Key had a shot if he had sat for a year. I think if we gave Koonce a chance to build his body and actually be coached by a real D line coach which I highly doubt he probably had at buffalo he could be pretty good in a year or 2. That's what the good teams to do. 

When you look at Diablo you've got to think about all the players he's getting to learn from right now (besides Richard Smith that has a track record of knowing what he's doing when it comes to coaching linebackers that are height weight speed guys). He gets to learn from KJ right who is arguably the best weak side linebacker to play in this Seattle style defense and Cory Littleton who has experience switch positions and was great in coverage until last year. It's obvious that what they did well they got a high upside guy to sit behind experienced players that have done it in the league along with a position coach that is produced multiple pro bowlers and all pros. That doesn't hurt that the defensive coordinator was originally a linebackers coach as well lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We're probably the only fan forum that complains about the third string quarterback lol

• Like 1