2022 Browns UFAs - Sheesh It's a Lot

Empire Lies

If I were GM, I’m 100% getting rid of Keenum and OBJ. That’s 22 mil right there. That would put us at a projected 46 mil next year, but that’s not including the cap potentially rising.

The strength of this franchise is the trenches. So keep the offensive line and defensive line together for as long as possible.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If I were GM, I’m 100% getting rid of Keenum and OBJ. That’s 22 mil right there. That would put us at a projected 46 mil next year, but that’s not including the cap potentially rising.

I’d like to keep Keenum, but not at that number.  Maybe they can extend him at a lower number?  If not, Mullen it is.

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The strength of this franchise is the trenches. So keep the offensive line and defensive line together for as long as possible.

Hopefully they use some of that to re-sign Njoku (a team friendly deal I think tbh), Ward, and either Wyatt or Clowney depending upon the rest of 2021.

I'm still BETTING on them letting Teller go to get a high comp pick and then plugging him with someone who is a replacement level starter at that spot that's "not as important", given we have Chubb and Hunt coming back, along with our other 4 OL.

• 2 weeks later...

If Clowney gets us 9-10 sacks, how much are you paying him?

Let’s assume we’re getting rid of OBJ and Keenum, which frees up 22 mil. Other than QB, pass rusher is the 2nd hardest position to fill (maybe behind LT / CB).

Edited by candyman93

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Clowney gets us 9-10 sacks, how much are you paying him?

Let’s assume we’re getting rid of OBJ and Keenum, which frees up 22 mil.

It depends what the rest of his game looks like and if he is healthy the rest of the year. 9-10 sacks next to Myles might be 6 without him so don't want to have another Vernon deal where we shrug at the end like, I guess that was alright. 

Assuming his run defense remains very good and he stays healthy the rest of the year, something like 2/$28 mil, but something tells me we'll get outbid. I don't want to give more than two years with all the injury history, but we'll see.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It depends what the rest of his game looks like and if he is healthy the rest of the year. 9-10 sacks next to Myles might be 6 without him so don't want to have another Vernon deal where we shrug at the end like, I guess that was alright. 

Assuming his run defense remains very good and he stays healthy the rest of the year, something like 2/$28 mil, but something tells me we'll get outbid. I don't want to give more than two years with all the injury history, but we'll see.

I’d probably be willing to do 16-18/year if he’s relatively healthy, but I agree, 2 year deal.

I’m kinda hoping after watching the Patriots implode our fans stop obsessing over the “Patriot way.” The Patriot way is called having Tom Brady.

You’ve got to spend money to win in this league. Unless Clowney suffers a major injury, I can’t justify paying a bunch of “okay” guys over him.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO my list of Ward, Beckham, Gillian, Keenum, and Conklin to be traded if there is value has an addition of Landry.  Yes all were very talented but most are injury prone and unavailable as their careers seems to have peaked.  Yes Landry has missed half the games this year and is a fan favorite but Steelers game clearly demonstrated dropped passes, stupid penalties, and costly fumble.

25 minutes ago, #32 said:

IMHO my list of Ward, Beckham, Gillian, Keenum, and Conklin to be traded if there is value has an addition of Landry.  Yes all were very talented but most are injury prone and unavailable as their careers seems to have peaked.  Yes Landry has missed half the games this year and is a fan favorite but Steelers game clearly demonstrated dropped passes, stupid penalties, and costly fumble.

Landry and Conklin are fine. Landry is reliable outside of what would Be a fluke game yesterday and Conklin is considered the best RT when healthy. Sucks he is getting beat up but just bad luck. Its not like he is over the hill. He is in his prime at 27yrs old. 

31 minutes ago, #32 said:

I agree with everybody but Conklin.