3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:
  • Comp pick estimate at best situation. 

• Berry could do a lot with that. 

Wyatt Teller Comp 3rd

Jadeveon Clowney 3rd/4th on a big year

David Njoku 5th

Ronnie Harrison 5th

Chris Hubbard 6th/7th

If Njoku's comp pick is just a 5th, we'd better be re-signing him.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

We need to just go ahead and win the Super Bowl this year and then worry about who we are going to lose after that. 

Yup.

Making the playoffs and showing an upward trajectory helped us secure FAs this year.

Just imagine what an SB win would do.

If Baker has a monster year, I could see Berry keeping Wyatt, Njoku, and Higgins. Then letting everybody else walk and drafting their replacements.

Do what you did this offseason, draft 1 WR and 1 OL, but make the rest of your picks defense.

Edited by candyman93

One of the biggest question IMO is what we do with Landry and OBJ. They have the least secure contracts, and both of their production has been down. Landry played 15 games and didnt sniff 1k receiving, though he got stronger near the end of the season. They are both super motivated so it isnt wise to bet against them, but they do need to put up. 

I think we could trade Landry to a struggling team in the off season like the jags or the Texans as a culture guy. 

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think we could trade Landry to a struggling team in the off season like the jags or the Texans as a culture guy. 

I am not a homer and I do not fall in love with players because they are ours (e.g., Schobert), the better of our then current bunch, but mostly JAGs.

I think the quoted statement contains the reason that we keep Landry...because he is a culture guy, a good culture guy for us.

I am trading OBJ before Landry every day of the week.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I am not a homer and I do not fall in love with players because they are ours (e.g., Schobert), the better of our then current bunch, but mostly JAGs.

I think the quoted statement contains the reason that we keep Landry...because he is a culture guy, a good culture guy for us.

I think the market for Landry would be stronger that said if you move Landry you probably need to move OBJ. I think the best reciever on the roster at the moment could be DPJ, taller longer, faster, better body control.

Unless OBJ has returned to health. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think the market for Landry would be stronger that said if you move Landry you probably need to move OBJ. I think the best reciever on the roster at the moment could be DPJ, taller longer, faster, better body control.

Unless OBJ has returned to health. 

Good points.

To me the key to OBJ's performance is going to be his attitude as a professional.

Clowney has shown a recommitment to the game. First training camp in whenever.

Haven't seen any stupid frosting on OBJ's head yet which to me would be a sign of taking things more seriously.

Sensing a higher focus across the board with this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

My point exactly. Jarvis Landry was 75% of the reason this team had a culture change and got everybody steered in the right direction. You could also argue that he was the single force in forming this identity the Browns currently have if you go back to 2018. You dont actively trade that away because if you do.....that tough, in your face, vocal leadership and passionate guy will be gone out of the locker room and helping somebody elses. Rework his contract, do whatever, just keep him.

It also seems like the Browns/Berry/Stefanski reward and look for players with his exact qualities of 'tough, smart, accountable' so I dont think they would do him dirty.

We can trade OBJ for a 2nd rounder or whatever, they better keep Landry on this team for the next 3-4 years.

People can talk all day long about his stats, but remember that 50-60 yard slant he housed in the playoffs against PIT around a few defenders. I dont think any more than maybe 2-3 Browns WRs in the last 15 years could make that big time of a play, in that big of a game and be that reliable. The dude is a gamer and if the Browns are serious about being in the playoffs for the foreseeable future, they need guys that you can count on like that to make those type of plays.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

My point exactly. Jarvis Landry was 75% of the reason this team had a culture change and got everybody steered in the right direction. You could also argue that he was the single force in forming this identity the Browns currently have if you go back to 2018. You dont actively trade that away because if you do.....that tough, in your face, vocal leadership and passionate guy will be gone out of the locker room and helping somebody elses. Rework his contract, do whatever, just keep him.

Baker will be that leader if he puts up the stats to garner respect.