Week 01 2021 - GDT - Packers (0-0) @ Saints (0-0) (in Jacksonville)

Mid Iowa

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I heard so many people say the saints were going to get crushed. They're nothing without Brees. Whatever.

I'm pretty stoked that Winston's first game was as good as it was and just confirmed what a lot of us have been saying all along. Give Winston a shot. He's going to be better than people think. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

If Payton can keep Winston under control, we'll be great.  He still wants to heave into triple coverage. We need to keep playing ball control and throw deep when it makes sense.

This I can forgive. Heaving a jump ball into triple coverage is one thing (even Brees did this from time to time), but it's the egregious picks that never had a chance in the first place. If Winston/Payton can limit the latter we'll be alright. The INT that got called back (incorrectly) was a dangerous throw that I can live with.

25 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

This I can forgive. Heaving a jump ball into triple coverage is one thing (even Brees did this from time to time), but it's the egregious picks that never had a chance in the first place. If Winston/Payton can limit the latter we'll be alright. The INT that got called back (incorrectly) was a dangerous throw that I can live with.

I understand your point, but theres no need for a dangerous throw at that point in the game.  Im not overly concerned, just dont want to see ot become habit again for jameis.

• Like 1

“That was for the city," [Winston] said. "So, shoutout to the city of New Orleans. We did that for them. We knew how much it would mean to get a great victory for that region. They’ve been through so much. ... Hats off to them for their resilience, because they motivated us. They inspired us to come out there and ball."

To say he’s growing on me over the last 2 years is the understatement of the century 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 5:16 AM, Fray32 said:

I was so excited about that win that I completely forgot about Lattimore, Eric McCoy, and Davenport all getting injured already 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully Turner is ready to go. I think Latt plays with a club cast on his hand. And as luck would have it, the Saints drafted Ruiz, who is a center, and can slide over. 

None of it is ideal, but I think the Saints will be ok. Without Brees, I think there's a little less emphasis on the guards, so Throck should be ok to fill in for a few games. 

48 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Hopefully Turner is ready to go. I think Latt plays with a club cast on his hand. And as luck would have it, the Saints drafted Ruiz, who is a center, and can slide over. 

None of it is ideal, but I think the Saints will be ok. Without Brees, I think there's a little less emphasis on the guards, so Throck should be ok to fill in for a few games. 

Oh yeah, watching the game I'd periodically see a "Throckmorton" in the huddle and I kept thinking to myself, That sounds like a gnarly heavy metal band