Jump to content

Falcons (0-1) @ Bucs (1-0)


Recommended Posts

tenor.gif

Preview of what is going to happen at One Buc this week with Arians laying into the offense and defense for all the mental errors.

There are no excuses on Sunday.  Sure it is a division game, but aspirations of being a first seed, this game cannot be lost.

Falcons look like a team under a first yr HC trying to still learn the playbook on both sides of the ball.  Don t give them any short fields.

Would not be surprised if Whithead can play, we see a decent amount of 3 safety personnel if the Bucs jump to a lead.

Discuss

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless Hurts is going to be the MVP this year, the Falcons defense is terrible. And their OL can't block either. I think the Falcons still score a bunch because the Bucs have some defensive issues to sort out right now.

But 27 points might still be generous. Either way, Bucs get their week 1 mistakes out of the way and score in the mid 40s or higher.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucs got killed in time of possession against the Cowboys.  The turnovers and penalties contributed.

It seemed like the Bucs were going to take control of the game- turnover.  Against the Falcons this needs to change.  

Turnovers were a problem in the preseason.  They need to win the turnover margin on Sunday.  Get back to good habits.  

On the plus side, looking fwd to Vea forklifting the ATL center back to Ryan multiple times.  I m confident Matthews will not be thrilled if they move Vea out to RDE in certain nickel packages.

Edited by ravishingone
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

On the plus side, looking fwd to Vea forklifting the ATL center back to Ryan multiple times.  I m confident Matthews will not be thrilled if they move Vea out to RDE in certain nickel packages.

The fact that we put him at a wide 9 DE in certain packages is wild.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The fact that we put him at a wide 9 DE in certain packages is wild.

Tactically, it s an intelligent move against QBs who are not runners.  Vea is gonna just bull rush and crush the edge.  As long as he doesn t get out of his lane and get too far inside, the Qb is not likely to move out of the pocket around him.  The Qb would have to throw across his body.

I expect a lot of different fronts with a new scheme in ATL.  Let s see if their OL can communicate effectively in a loud environment for the first time.  It certainly did not go well at home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Tactically, it s an intelligent move against QBs who are not runners.  Vea is gonna just bull rush and crush the edge.  As long as he doesn t get out of his lane and get too far inside, the Qb is not likely to move out of the pocket around him.  The Qb would have to throw across his body.

I expect a lot of different fronts with a new scheme in ATL.  Let s see if their OL can communicate effectively in a loud environment for the first time.  It certainly did not go well at home. 

Auman went through all the different packages we used with Tryon. Bowles has put in some work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Auman went through all the different packages we used with Tryon. Bowles has put in some work.

I was a little disappointed in the amount of snaps McLendon and NACHO got.  Seemed like Bowles was determined not to let Dallas run the ball.  He did not dress Davis and I m not sure O Conner got any reps on Dline.  There were plenty of snaps with NACHO and McLendon on the field the same time and offering little push with Prescott passing the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I was a little disappointed in the amount of snaps McLendon and NACHO got.  Seemed like Bowles was determined not to let Dallas run the ball.  He did not dress Davis and I m not sure O Conner got any reps on Dline.  There were plenty of snaps with NACHO and McLendon on the field the same time and offering little push with Prescott passing the ball.

We were determined to stop Zeke. And we did. The Cowboys seemed content to let us do it. And we barely adjusted.

Depth was definitely an issue.

If you look at the individual performances of guys like Shaq, Vea, and Gholston, we dominated. But nobody else was able to push the pocket and get after the QB. And it showed in the worst way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...