Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

41 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

WHY IS TREVOR LAWRENCE NOT HAVING SUCCESS

Yeah, you can't blame it all on Trevor Lawrence but if youre going to post this...Lets post this as well.

Perfectly clean pocket, horrific read and throw.

Again...Time to throw, throws it high and deflects off the HB hands for an INT. Probably should've been caught, but thats not a good throw. 

Another clean pocket, terrible read that should've been picked off. 

I'm not declaring him dead, its his first year in a bad situation but Lawrence does himself no favors. It's silly to just deflect all blame to coaching and receivers.

• Like 3

It's never his fault @MookieMonstah. Mac Jones completed 3 TD passes to UDFA WR's yesterday, but #Weapons. Wilkerson was promoted from the practice squad yesterday and legit should have had 3 touchdown catches.

Elevating talent is a lazy narrative though. Almost as lazy as just continually blaming it on weapons and coaching.

2 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

It's never his fault @MookieMonstah. Mac Jones completed 3 TD passes to UDFA WR's yesterday, but #Weapons. Wilkerson was promoted from the practice squad yesterday and legit should have had 3 touchdown catches.

Elevating talent is a lazy narrative though. Almost as lazy as just continually blaming it on weapons and coaching.

People should be critical of Lawrence. Its very fair to ask, right now, did the talent at Clemson help disguise some of his issues? People been asking the same about Tua.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, you can't blame it all on Trevor Lawrence but if youre going to post this...Lets post this as well.

Again...Time to throw, throws it high and deflects off the HB hands for an INT. Probably should've been caught, but thats not a good throw. 

I'm not declaring him dead, its his first year in a bad situation but Lawrence does himself no favors. It's silly to just deflect all blame to coaching and receivers.

You’re posting clips of a rookie QB throwing interceptions by trying to force things. The pass to Armstead should have been caught. Went right through his hands.

No Jags fan in this thread has solely blamed the coaching/receivers for his play. We all realize he makes his fair share of mistakes (wow who would have guessed) but we also realize how horrible his supporting cast and coaching staff is. No rookie could have success in this environment. The Pats coached circles around the Jags yesterday. Mac Jones had guys running wide open and Trevor had to force throws to try and play hero ball. Trevor would be ROTY if he was on the Pats, no doubt in my mind.

Whether it’s the no separation, to running the wrong routes, to drops and etc, he gets no help at all. Any Jags fan that has watched every one of his games, can tell you that. 

6 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I wish someone on the Jags could get this open from busted coverage.

• Like 1

He’s a rookie QB. I see throws/decisions like that weekly from veterans that have been in the league a decade. You guys see Staffords pick six or his throw into triple coverage that got picked off yesterday? 

Lawrence has had poor moments and we all hoped for more. But there’s also clear dysfunction/ineptitude by an organization that he’s dealing with and the need to paint everything black or white for a player in this situation is baffling to me.

Lawrence needs to improve and deserves criticism. The team who put this set of weapons/poor coaching deserves a whole hell of a lot too. Rookie QBs already have a steep learning curve as it is.

44 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

3rd and 14, the team is down by 31 points. Which throw was he supposed to make there. Specifically, which route was the not “horrific read and throw”?

Your second clip is a tipped pass. The pass was high, sure. But it should have been caught. You even state that. Quarterbacks throw high catchable balls every single game, so I don’t know why you’re posting it as if it’s an abnormality that points to literally anything. No one has ever pretended that every single thing he has ever done in his career is perfect and he would be the greatest QB to ever exist if he had better receivers.

With the last play, it was revealed that Tavon Austin ran the wrong route and that allowed Mosley to sit where he did. But sure, it’s Trevor’s fault that Austin not cutting over the middle pulled the LB into the passing lane. 

18 minutes ago, pwny said:

3rd and 14, the team is down by 31 points. Which throw was he supposed to make there. Specifically, which route was the not “horrific read and throw”?

Your second clip is a tipped pass. The pass was high, sure. But it should have been caught. You even state that. Quarterbacks throw high catchable balls every single game, so I don’t know why you’re posting it as if it’s an abnormality that points to literally anything. No one has ever pretended that every single thing he has ever done in his career is perfect and he would be the greatest QB to ever exist if he had better receivers.

With the last play, it was revealed that Tavon Austin ran the wrong route and that allowed Mosley to sit where he did. But sure, it’s Trevor’s fault that Austin not cutting over the middle pulled the LB into the passing lane. 

If its not there just throw it away. Any good QB throws that ball away. We're giving him an excuse because his poor play helped lead them to a 34-3 deficit? lol

Its crazy to sit here and defend all of Lawrences mistakes with "WR ran the wrong route". Mosley was sitting on that route, unless Tavon was supposed to run a curl to keep him farther left? If so, what horrific route design. Urban sucks but like others have said...With largely the same team, Gardner Minshew looked like a startable QB. Lawrence with all his hype has come in and completely floundered. I simply posted the INTs I found in a 2 minute twitter search. He straight up missed multiple guys yesterday against the Patriots, I live in MA and watched the entire game. He simply doesn't look good. A good coach could come in and help, but the dude has been BAD. 

Edited by MookieMonstah

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Too many excuses for Lawrence.

We will see what he does next year though. Kyler and Burrow lifted their franchises in year 2 out of the dormat and into relevancy. Baker did in year 3 but neither is he a good QB nor what Lawrence has to be for the Jags. We can also talk about Derek Carr who had the Raiders on solid ground by year 2 taking over a terrible situation. You have to be concerned what he put out there this year but the proof will be in the pudding next year.

58 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

If its not there just throw it away. Any good QB throws that ball away. We're giving him an excuse because his poor play helped lead them to a 34-3 deficit? lol

Its crazy to sit here and defend all of Lawrences mistakes with "WR ran the wrong route". Mosley was sitting on that route, unless Tavon was supposed to run a curl to keep him farther left? If so, what horrific route design. Urban sucks but like others have said...With largely the same team, Gardner Minshew looked like a startable QB. Lawrence with all his hype has come in and completely floundered. I simply posted the INTs I found in a 2 minute twitter search. He straight up missed multiple guys yesterday against the Patriots, I live in MA and watched the entire game. He simply doesn't look good. A good coach could come in and help, but the dude has been BAD. 

Nobody throws the ball away on third down when down big lol. If he had thrown it away, people would be in here calling him a coward for being scared even when down by 5 scores. He’s down 31 points, the only option is to be aggressive. If you want to point to his mistakes prior to this that led to the score getting out of hand, sure go for it. But blaming a rookie QB for throwing the ball past the sticks on third down late in the game when down by a lot is just ridiculous.

It’s crazy to state facts? Coaches literally said Austin ran the wrong route and that’s what caused Mosley to be able to sit on the route that he did. Austin was supposed to cut inside around the 2 yard line in front of Mosley. If Mosley followed Austin, that play is an easy completion, if he still leaned inside, it’s a quick TD to Austin between Mosley and Williams. When he didn’t do that, the only option was to try to fit the ball in the closing window.

This is also not “largely the same team” that Minshew played with. You all need to get that nonsense out of your heads. 18 different players caught a pass for this team in 2020. Two of them played a snap yesterday. One of them was a 4th string RB earlier this year, and is now starting. And just last week alone, he caught for more yards than the entire season last year when with Minshew. The other is the 4th best active receiver on the team right now. And of the receivers and tight ends that Minshew had his rookie season, there are 2 left on the team, and after week 1, they were both on the field at the same time for exactly 2 plays. This team is significantly different.

I also don’t know why you’re telling me you live in MA, you’re a Patriots fan. 

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Nobody throws the ball away on third down when down big lol. If he had thrown it away, people would be in here calling him a coward for being scared even when down by 5 scores. He’s down 31 points, the only option is to be aggressive. If you want to point to his mistakes prior to this that led to the score getting out of hand, sure go for it. But blaming a rookie QB for throwing the ball past the sticks on third down late in the game when down by a lot is just ridiculous.

It’s crazy to state facts? Coaches literally said Austin ran the wrong route and that’s what caused Mosley to be able to sit on the route that he did. Austin was supposed to cut inside around the 2 yard line in front of Mosley. If Mosley followed Austin, that play is an easy completion, if he still leaned inside, it’s a quick TD to Austin between Mosley and Williams. When he didn’t do that, the only option was to try to fit the ball in the closing window.

This is also not “largely the same team” that Minshew played with. You all need to get that nonsense out of your heads. 18 different players caught a pass for this team in 2020. Two of them played a snap yesterday. One of them was a 4th string RB earlier this year, and is now starting. And just last week alone, he caught for more yards than the entire season last year when with Minshew. The other is the 4th best active receiver on the team right now. And of the receivers and tight ends that Minshew had his rookie season, there are 2 left on the team, and after week 1, they were both on the field for exactly 2 plays. This team is significantly different.

I also don’t know why you’re telling me you live in MA, you’re a Patriots fan. 

I believe he is a Saints fan lol.