Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

23 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Mac Jones is playing a role that at least 20 QBs in the league could fulfil, and most a lot better. He is decent but nothing more

Even if I take that at face value, there's really no reason at all to assume Lawrence or Wilson would be one of those 20. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Mac Jones is playing a role that at least 20 QBs in the league could fulfil, and most a lot better. He is decent but nothing more

Even if it’s true, since when a rookie QB is supposed to be a top 10 QB off the bat. Most players improve with time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

Weird take.  It is true that Belichick hasn't opened up the playbook for his rookie QB yet, limiting Mac Jones to a yardstick-oriented role which differs sharply from Nick Saban's YAC-oriented offense.  We note that none of the Patriot WRs bears any resemblance to Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith.  It will be interesting to see who Belichick acquires in the off season.

As for others being able to do what Jones has done so far, few would have the patience and certainly none of the other rookie QBs have been able to do it in the NFL or college.

6 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

As for others being able to do what Jones has done so far, few would have the patience and certainly none of the other rookie QBs have been able to do it in the NFL or college.

In the games he has had to throw the ball to keep them in it he has struggled.

6 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

Even if it’s true, since when a rookie QB is supposed to be a top 10 QB off the bat. Most players improve with time. 

Mac will be good and is a good fit in New England but I just don't think that he has a ton of upside. 

His wins have come against the Jets (2x), Jaguars, Browns, Falcons, Panthers, Texans, Chargers, Bills and Titans. The Bills win came in a game he threw the ball 3 times, he beat the Titans without essentially any of their good players, and beat the Chargers in a game he was meh individually but the defense and run game carried them.

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Jones has looked the best, Wilson has trended in the right direction and been playing the best of them all lately. 

Lance has barely played but looks decent enough when out there. 

Lawrence looks bad

Fields is awful. 

Jones has been average he just has the greatest coach in NFL History, a strong run game, and an elite defense to lean on. 

If you put Jones on the Bears or Jaguars, do you think he would've played well?

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jones has been average he just has the greatest coach in NFL History, a strong run game, and an elite defense to lean on. 

If you put Jones on the Bears or Jaguars, do you think he would've played well?

I can't imagine many guys playing well on the Bears or Jaguars. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Me either, Jones has been solid this year but he's not the reason they're winning games and is in a great situation.

At the same time he's playing at a level that isn't easy to replace. Which speaks in itself to his overall importance regardless of his surrounding situation. Some teams have gone a while without even having that type of production at the QB spot. 

• Like 1

Mac Jones was the 5th QB selected last draft. Most people were wondering if he was a starter. This season prove he was at least an average starter. 

If you were expecting him to carry a team by himself as a rookie, I don’t know what to tell you. 

Which QB did that and brought his team to the playoffs ?

58 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

Mac Jones was the 5th QB selected last draft. Most people were wondering if he was a starter. This season prove he was at least an average starter. 

If you were expecting him to carry a team by himself as a rookie, I don’t know what to tell you. 

Which QB did that and brought his team to the playoffs ?

Luck and RG3 basically did, in the same year.  Matt Ryan and Dak, but maybe did a little less "carrying."   

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mac will be good and is a good fit in New England but I just don't think that he has a ton of upside. 

His wins have come against the Jets (2x), Jaguars, Browns, Falcons, Panthers, Texans, Chargers, Bills and Titans. The Bills win came in a game he threw the ball 3 times, he beat the Titans without essentially any of their good players, and beat the Chargers in a game he was meh individually but the defense and run game carried them.

Edited by biggie.