the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No. It wouldn't. In fact, I'd argue the only shot Lawrence has of succeeding is if they fire the celebrity and bring in a real NFL coach with integrity.

I agree.  I just meant that it sets us back in the short term.  Of course, it's the thing to do for the long term outlook, for many reasons.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Being completely honest. The not traveling with the team thing is strange. But unless the girl at the bar didn’t want his hand there I don’t think he did ANYTHING wrong.

You mean, other than cheating on his wife?

I don't really have a problem with not traveling back with the team.  He was in his old home town and it was a Thursday Night game, so there was no reason not to take a little time off.  It would have just been nice if he had spent the time going to see his parents instead of hitting on girls half his age at a bar.

Edited by Uncle Buck

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

You mean, other than cheating on his wife?

No. I don’t think monogamy is a reasonable thing to expect from someone. Especially a man with options.

And this is all assuming that his marriage doesn’t allow for that. Again. We don’t know the dynamics of that marriage.

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

No. I don’t think monogamy is a reasonable thing to expect from someone. Especially a man with options.

And this is all assuming that his marriage doesn’t allow for that. Again. We don’t know the dynamics of that marriage.

I guess you are entitled to your opinion.  As far as I'm concerned, going out in public and breaking the vows you made to your wife and the mother to your kids is not exactly going to make him a great leader of men.  It sure wouldn't inspire me to follow his leadership.  I just don't see how you can keep him on as the head coach after this.

Edited by Uncle Buck

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree.  I just meant that it sets us back in the short term.  Of course, it's the thing to do for the long term outlook, for many reasons.

Teams rally when ineffective coaches are fired. Jags would be better immediately if he got fired. A bunch of 20something alphas just saw their old, gross coach inappropriately fondling a college girl at a bar after a game they lost that he didn't fly back on the same plane with them.

He's lost the lockerrom (if he ever had it).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Teams rally when ineffective coaches are fired. Jags would be better immediately if he got fired. A bunch of 20something alphas just saw their old, gross coach inappropriately fondling a college girl at a bar after a game they lost that he didn't fly back on the same plane with them.

He's lost the lockerrom (if he ever had it).

I guess that's possible.  It could give them a little life for a few games maybe.

Edited by Uncle Buck

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

NFL assistants/coordinators usually have options and they all know Urban's history.
So I don't blame the A- list coordinators for taking a pass on joining his staff. Urban chose poorly, but part of his poor choices in asst. coaches was due to his poor choices in Life.

I agree, absolutely. When he was interviewed for the job, if he couldn't say he had a good OC lined up already to jump on board with Meyer then he shouldn't have been hired.